TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Ok, I have had 3 service appointments for headlamp malfunction. They have taken it apart, greased the connections, and updated modules. Last service appointment was about 7 hrs total yesterday. I took it out of town this afternoon. Service headlamp popped on again🤦🏽‍♀️. Left headlight went out. It’s random when it goes out. It went out just sitting in line at the bank one day. I don’t think there is anything wrong with the light itself. I think it’s a computer glitch but what do I know. 🤷🏾‍♀️ Anybody have this issue? Please help!
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Have you done any wiring at all? When I was trying to find Power for my DIY lighted pony, taping the left headlight wires caused unpredictable lighting of the left headlight. Sometimes it was fine. Sometimes it took an extra 2 seconds to come on. Sometimes
It refused to come on at all. Even if you haven’t done any wiring, I would check them wires real close. You may have a break in insulation causing a short.

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Have you done any wiring at all? When I was trying to find Power for my DIY lighted pony, taping the left headlight wires caused unpredictable lighting of the left headlight. Sometimes it was fine. Sometimes it took an extra 2 seconds to come on. Sometimes
It refused to come on at all. Even if you haven’t done any wiring, I would check them wires real close. You may have a break in insulation causing a short.
No, I haven’t done any wiring. I will ask then to check.

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
With the bank scenario, I was 3 cars back waiting for teller. I could see it working in the mirror at bank. Then Bam! It went off and threw code. I wasn’t moving at all.

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Bad headlight or bad wiring harness.
I think the headlight is fine. Bad wiring sounds right to me. I’m fed up with this problem. I was patient with the last 3 appointments, even supplied Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I think the headlight is fine. Bad wiring sounds right to me. I’m fed up with this problem. I was patient with the last 3 appointments, even supplied Krispy Kreme doughnuts.
Intermittent problems can be really difficult to diagnose unless the problem can occur when the technicians have it. Personally I'd be doing the wiggle/smack test on the wiring trying to hunt it down. Not sure what to tell you, keep trying or lemon law?

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Intermittent problems can be really difficult to diagnose unless the problem can occur when the technicians have it. Personally I'd be doing the wiggle/smack test on the wiring trying to hunt it down. Not sure what to tell you, keep trying or lemon law?
What are you talkin about, I love my car. Hush with that lemon law nonsense.😂

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
What are you talkin about, I love my car. Hush with that lemon law nonsense.😂
I knew you'd say that! When you were in line at the bank, do you recall hearing any clicks or other noises from the car when (or right before) it happened?

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does the headlight come back on for you or only when the shop resets the error code? Basically how is the light restored? If they clear a code and the light begins to work again then I doubt it is wiring. Then again if the outage is caused by wiring but the error code needs to be cleared for the light to return then that theory would not hold. I guess I would ask the tech what error code is popping up and what that points to as the problem. At some point I would request a new headlamp to verify that is not the problem (unfortunately I have heard they are fairly expensive so they may balk at that.)

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I knew you'd say that! When you were in line at the bank, do you recall hearing any clicks or other noises from the car when (or right before) it happened?
Nothing, it just winked out and code appeared

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Does the headlight come back on for you or only when the shop resets the error code? Basically how is the light restored? If they clear a code and the light begins to work again then I doubt it is wiring. Then again if the outage is caused by wiring but the error code needs to be cleared for the light to return then that theory would not hold. I guess I would ask the tech what error code is popping up and what that points to as the problem. At some point I would request a new headlamp to verify that is not the problem (unfortunately I have heard they are fairly expensive so they may balk at that.)
No, it will come back on whenever the evil spirit decides to leave🤷🏾‍♀️

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Ok, I have had 3 service appointments for headlamp malfunction. They have taken it apart, greased the connections, and updated modules. Last service appointment was about 7 hrs total yesterday. I took it out of town this afternoon. Service headlamp popped on again🤦🏽‍♀️. Left headlight went out. It’s random when it goes out. It went out just sitting in line at the bank one day. I don’t think there is anything wrong with the light itself. I think it’s a computer glitch but what do I know. 🤷🏾‍♀️ Anybody have this issue? Please help!
Hello. Can you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to look into this headlight concern on my end. Thank you!

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Should’ve done Dunkin I guess. But seriously, I hate that we feel we have to bribe service techs to do their job or spend the time required fixing issues.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Should’ve done Dunkin I guess. But seriously, I hate that we feel we have to bribe service techs to do their job or spend the time required fixing issues.
I have never bribed a tech in my life.
Sponsored