Potential California Tax Credit & Rebates-Please Help!

KZ6e1e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P4X
Country flag
HuntingPudel! This helps me out big time!. My local city and county does unfortunately does not offer charger rebates. I will take your advice and inquire within my local utility company. Appreciate your time.
AFAIK,
Only thing you can do prior to delivery is EVSE Tax Credit.
Form 8911 is what you need.
But you need to buy/install by 12/31/21

Chargepoint has a good guide, but it can be applied to any brand.
https://www.chargepoint.com/drivers/home/tax-credit/

So if you have already have a 240V in your house, then buy yourself an EVSE & get 30% off. If you buy/install by tomorrow.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Huh, I was just on the PG&E site last night and couldn't seem to find an EVSE installation rebate. Just looked again and no joy. If you have a link could you shoot it to me? TIA.
Since my EVSE was installed almost a decade ago, I haven’t had a reason to look for rebates. According to what I have been reading here, each utility has its own rebate program, possibly different for each zip code. ?‍♂?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Hey neighbor! I'm in Aliso Viejo. When the CVRP used to be waitlist only, you used to be able to sign up for it before you bought the car. Now that is has received funding, you have to have all purchase info when submitting your application. Unfortunately, you can't get a jump start on any of these rebates/incentives. Hopefully the CVRP $2k and the $750 rebate are still in effect when you get delivery.

B25Nut

First Name
Charlee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag
This week I got this e-mail about my CVRP from Analyn Cos from energycenter.org:

This is another friendly reminder that I sent you an email about a problem with your rebate application (A-552240) on December 22, 2021. This is your final reminder before cancellation on January 1, 2022.

Para asistencia en español, por favor comuníquese con nuestro equipo al 1-866-550-8130.

The following document(s) still need to be corrected:

Purchase/Lease Agreement:
  • The scan/photo of the motor vehicle purchase/lease agreement is blurry or otherwise illegible. Please submit a new, clear scan/photo of your motor vehicle purchase/lease agreement.

Your immediate attention is required. Please submit your corrected supported document(s) by January 1, 2022 to prevent automatic cancellation of your application. If your application is cancelled, your rebate funds will be released back to CVRP, and you will have to submit a new application. Any new application will go through the standard application process and your eligibility will be subject to the Terms and Conditions, Implementation Manual, and fund availability in place at the time of your new application. As a result, there is no guarantee you will be eligible for a rebate.
------------

My dealer put together the PDF and everything is legible. When I confronted Analyn about this, she said nothing on the document can be pixelated! When magnified, yes you can see the pixels. Leave it to the government to make any process as complicated as possible!
My dealer is now working on creating a "clearer" document.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
My dealer put together the PDF and everything is legible. When I confronted Analyn about this, she said nothing on the document can be pixelated! When magnified, yes you can see the pixels. Leave it to the government to make any process as complicated as possible!
My dealer is now working on creating a "clearer" document.
Yeah I also got a message to re-upload my sales contract. Mine was purely digital, signatures via a touch pad. Since the touch pad is relatively low resolution, my initials and signature were pixelated. The rest of the document is pure vector-rastered text. I ended up printing, whiting-out, and manually signing so that I could scan and re-send. ??‍♂?

B25Nut

First Name
Charlee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
A clearer document was submitted before the deadline so I have my fingers crossed.

B25Nut

First Name
Charlee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I received this e-mail today:

Congratulations! Your Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) application has been approved for your Ford Mustang Mach-E for $2,000.00.

You applied on: 9/17/2021 3:08 PM
We typically issue rebate checks within 90 days of application approval. You will receive an email when we mail your check.

OP
OP
PonyWannabe

PonyWannabe

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I received this e-mail today:

Congratulations! Your Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) application has been approved for your Ford Mustang Mach-E for $2,000.00.

You applied on: 9/17/2021 3:08 PM
We typically issue rebate checks within 90 days of application approval. You will receive an email when we mail your check.
Let me get this straight, you purchased your car, then applied for the CVRP?

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Let me get this straight, you purchased your car, then applied for the CVRP?
You can't apply for CVRP until you can provide a sales contract showing purchase (except in SD county which has a pilot program).

yazoo888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MDX Tech+SHAWD, 2017 GLE550e, 2021 Mach E
Occupation
Engine..Engineer,
Country flag
These are the ones I got:
  • The instant CAV $1.5k is only $750 now. I believe the dealer has to be registered.
  • $2k Ford Options
  • $2k CA Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP)
  • $7.5k Federal IRS
  • $100 BC Instant
+CAV Decals & FasTrack CAV

You have to have the car, vin, contracts, and license plate for some of these.

My Local utility paid for the Ford Connected Charger. :)

Have fun.
Today, a lot of things have changed when ordering an MME, what are the current incentives we can get for Californians? I live in OC and my MME is projected to be arriving within 2 wks.

Thanks,

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Today, a lot of things have changed when ordering an MME, what are the current incentives we can get for Californians? I live in OC and my MME is projected to be arriving within 2 wks.

Thanks,
Ford Mustang Mach-E Potential California Tax Credit & Rebates-Please Help! 1661557824189

I purchased July 12th.
  • CAV of $750 is still valid, IF your dealership participates. It is instant off the purchase.
  • Ford options was $1500 when I signed.
  • $2k CVRP still exists, but the income cap was reduced recently, making it harder to qualify
  • The $7.5k Fed one isn't income capped until '23, but I think deliveries after Aug16th half of that is dependent on more clarification from Buttigieg?
  • Never heard of any BC discount
  • I believe the IRA brought back the tax credit (was it $1k?) for making a home improvement for EV charging (google for code 30C)
The CAV decal is still valid, I'm now at 5 weeks after applying and they haven't cashed my check yet.

Then local utility rebates and potential EV rate plans. Example mine gives 1.5c discount from midnight to 6am, and $500 off an EVSE in their list, and $500 off a permitted EVSE/outlet install.

Also 2 more things:
  • Make sure they don't charge more than $85 for "doc fee" as California caps it and they could rip you off
  • (this may be specific to me) Make sure that they use the correct minicipal jurisdiction for calculating sales tax. My zip code has both city and unincorporated county and the difference is an entire 1%! I had to go back for a 1% refund because I forgot to check his work while signing.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Potential California Tax Credit & Rebates-Please Help! 1661557824189

I purchased July 12th.
  • CAV of $750 is still valid, IF your dealership participates. It is instant off the purchase.
  • Ford options was $1500 when I signed.
  • $2k CVRP still exists, but the income cap was reduced recently, making it harder to qualify
  • The $7.5k Fed one isn't income capped until '23, but I think deliveries after Aug16th half of that is dependent on more clarification from Buttigieg?
  • Never heard of any BC discount
  • I believe the IRA brought back the tax credit (was it $1k?) for making a home improvement for EV charging (google for code 30C)
The CAV decal is still valid, I'm now at 5 weeks after applying and they haven't cashed my check yet.

Then local utility rebates and potential EV rate plans. Example mine gives 1.5c discount from midnight to 6am, and $500 off an EVSE in their list, and $500 off a permitted EVSE/outlet install.

Also 2 more things:
  • Make sure they don't charge more than $85 for "doc fee" as California caps it and they could rip you off
  • (this may be specific to me) Make sure that they use the correct minicipal jurisdiction for calculating sales tax. My zip code has both city and unincorporated county and the difference is an entire 1%! I had to go back for a 1% refund because I forgot to check his work while signing.
Between now and December 31, 2022, the only new rule that applies for the federal tax credit is that the vehicle has to be assembled in North America (as all Mach-Es are). See here. So anyone taking delivery this year will get the full $7,500.

The uncertainty comes into play starting January 1, 2023 as to how much of the tax credit the Mach-E might qualify for then because the rules on battery components and battery minerals are not so clear yet.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I think daemonic3 summed it up and I'm also not really following rebates since I bought over a year ago.
The Blue Cruise rebate I think was due to it not being available yet.

yazoo888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MDX Tech+SHAWD, 2017 GLE550e, 2021 Mach E
Occupation
Engine..Engineer,
Country flag
Thanks all for sharing your experience! Very helpful.
Sponsored