Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
They can program this to run this function through the garage door opener function.
Homelink (garage door controller) has no connection the car’s other systems.
Sponsored

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
It's a legal requirement that the mirrors are unfolded above a certain speed (5 mph?) so they will always auto open, and will not fold if you are moving too fast when you press the button.
So I tested this today. Preamble: I need to fold my mirrors prior to entering my tiny garage to maximize the minimal space available. So today when I reversed out of the garage, I left the mirrors folded and drove to my doctor's appointment. The mirrors stayed folded as I traveled at speeds up to 30 MPH (though I hit 30 only momentarily to see if that might be the magic threshold to auto-open). They didn't open until I manually initiated unfolding them...

🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
minders

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
So I tested this today. Preamble: I need to fold my mirrors prior to entering my tiny garage to maximize the minimal space available. So today when I reversed out of the garage, I left the mirrors folded and drove to my doctor's appointment. The mirrors stayed folded as I traveled at speeds up to 30 MPH (though I hit 30 only momentarily to see if that might be the magic threshold to auto-open). They didn't open until I manually initiated unfolding them...

🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️
Thanks for testing! My MME is on a train to me so I can't test for myself. I wonder if it's something you could change in the code (or whatever the right term is)? We were able to use Bimmercode to change it on the i3 along with a few other settings I found annoying. Glad the hubby and I knew enough German to get us through it. 😆

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for testing! My MME is on a train to me so I can't test for myself. I wonder if it's something you could change in the code (or whatever the right term is)? We were able to use Bimmercode to change it on the i3 along with a few other settings I found annoying. Glad the hubby and I knew enough German to get us through it. 😆
I've not looked in Forscan for that, and setting it up is a PITA for me, but honestly it is trivial to open the mirrors if I glance into them and discover I've forgotten to open them, so it doesn't seem worth the effort... (There are many other changes that are worth the effort to setup Forscan however, but I've done all of those already...)

OP
OP
minders

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
I've not looked in Forscan for that, and setting it up is a PITA for me, but honestly it is trivial to open the mirrors if I glance into them and discover I've forgotten to open them, so it doesn't seem worth the effort... (There are many other changes that are worth the effort to setup Forscan however, but I've done all of those already...)
I was thinking more along the lines of, I'll be in there to make changes, anyway, might as well get it all done at once if it's an option. I totally understand not wanting to go back in just for that. I'm used to having to hit the button on my X1, so it's not a big deal.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I was thinking more along the lines of, I'll be in there to make changes, anyway, might as well get it all done at once if it's an option. I totally understand not wanting to go back in just for that. I'm used to having to hit the button on my X1, so it's not a big deal.
Yeah, I get it. Makes sense to make all the changes at once. There are several threads on changes people make using Forscan, as well as how to do them. Good to gather them now in anticipation during the world's longest........................................................................................................................................🚃train ride.

Last edited:

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I can’t judge distances either. My wife lays down a board to act as a wheel stop in front and a brick on the right of the right front tire to give a target to miss.
I read that first as "My wife lays down ON a board..." That's some dedication!

I do wish they had location-sensitive settings, mostly for walk away locking.

FancyDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E
Country flag
Nevermind… found the saved setting… Vehicle> Mirrors> Autofold: Enable

Wow, just tried myself, indeed the mirrors do NOT automatically unfold, even in forward gear (I have not yet tried at full speed tho)…

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Nevermind… found the saved setting… Vehicle> Mirrors> Autofold: Enable

Wow, just tried myself, indeed the mirrors do NOT automatically unfold, even in forward gear (I have not yet tried at full speed tho)…
If you have autofold enabled, your mirrors unfold as soon as you unlock the vehicle before entering it.
Sponsored