MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I am just happy they have folding mirrors. Almost all cars in other countries have them so you can narrow the width of your car when parked. If you did not, you would not have mirrors. They either get hit by other cars or smashed by the football hooligans. I have a narrow garage and my Lincoln MKZ does not have folding mirrors. Hard enough to park two cars in the garage, especially with one car that has these dumbo ears for mirrors sticking out. 🐘
Sponsored

OP
OP
minders

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
I am just happy they have folding mirrors. Almost all cars in other countries have them so you can narrow the width of your car when parked. If you did not, you would not have mirrors. They either get hit by other cars or smashed by the football hooligans. I have a narrow garage and my Lincoln MKZ does not have folding mirrors. Hard enough to park two cars in the garage, especially with one car that has these dumbo ears for mirrors sticking out. 🐘
I hear ya. My X1 has them and it was an absolute deal breaker for me to not have folding mirrors on my next vehicle. That's why I went with the Premium over the select. Hubby whines that I don't "need" them and that I couldn't just find something else without them that would be cheaper since I don't drive a lot. :rolleyes: We went from a one big door 2 car garage to a 2 single door 2 car garage and it's messing with my head to park the X1 which is smaller by the MME by a bit, so I'm dreading getting it in/out of the garage once it arrives later this month.

OP
OP
minders

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
This breaks the mirror/motor.
I was at the Minnesota state fair visiting a friend and there was a MME on display. I had asked the guy showing off the car if it was the Premium with folding mirrors and he said yeah. Some idiot was also looking at the car and was like "yeah, you just do this" and slammed them into folded position. I wanted to punch him in the face, but didn't want to get arrested. I just stared at him and shook my head.

TD1273

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
if it makes you feel any better, this requires the car's GPS to work well which it doesn't so ford may have been 3 steps ahead knowing their car would not accurately know it's "at home" and thereby omitted this ability

it's a feature! :)
Our GPS works really well much better than our Garmin

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
This is such a needed feature! Proximity settings, mirrors, walk away lock, would be nice to set these one way for my house and a different way for other times. This would be a nicer software update then adding Alexa or Sodoku, that would be if I was prioritizing what makes it into their next sprint or development cycle.
Walk away lock already exists, when you walk away from the car it locks. .....or did you mean something else?

OP
OP
minders

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
Walk away lock already exists, when you walk away from the car it locks. .....or did you mean something else?
I mean when I'm driving down the street and about to pull into my driveway to go into my garage to park. I would like for them to fold in as I'm pulling up to the driveway before entering the garage.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Proximity based, so my driveway and garage I don't lock, but in public I would, so turn these features on or off based on a location.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
This breaks the mirror/motor.
You wouldn't want to do it often, but it won't break them. They are designed to break away when struck, cycling the folding motors several times will reengage the clutch and they should work again.

EDIT: unlike most other cars the Mach-E mirrors will not unfold automatically at speed.

Last edited:

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
You wouldn't want to do it often, but it won't break them. They are designed to break away when struck, cycling the folding motors several times will reengage the clutch and they should work again.

It's a legal requirement that the mirrors are unfolded above a certain speed (5 mph?) so they will always auto open, and will not fold if you are moving too fast when you press the button.
Ahhh folded or not I tested both and felt like they would break if I really pushed them.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
It's a legal requirement that the mirrors are unfolded above a certain speed (5 mph?) so they will always auto open, and will not fold if you are moving too fast when you press the button.
Thank you for the excuse to go for a test drive! 😊

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I mean when I'm driving down the street and about to pull into my driveway to go into my garage to park. I would like for them to fold in as I'm pulling up to the driveway before entering the garage.
Curious, are you able to go into the menu and fold them while in the driveway before you pull into the garage?

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Curious, are you able to go into the menu and fold them while in the driveway before you pull into the garage?
Yes, or easier we have a button near power locks and windows to do it, but would be nice if it was automatic

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
No dice, was up to 30mph and the mirrors were still closed.
Sponsored