Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Apologies if this is a dumb question.
In the order guide most models reference “power-folding mirrors“

My question is does this equate to automatically folding mirrors? I.e they fold inwards when parked?

I would assume not since there’s so many photos with it parked and mirrors stick out but would it be hard to program the mirrors to fold after X amount of parked idle time?
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Apologies if this is a dumb question.
In the order guide most models reference “power-folding mirrors“

My question is does this equate to automatically folding mirrors? I.e they fold inwards when parked?

I would assume not since there’s so many photos with it parked and mirrors stick out but would it be hard to program the mirrors to fold after X amount of parked idle time?
I have power folding mirrors on my Kuga and they fold when I lock the doors. They DON'T fold when you don't lock the doors so perhaps the photos you have seen the vehicle has not been locked. You also usually get a button to manually fold them.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Interesting, I thought this meant they could be adjusted by power via buttons, but the folding was a manual function. I always fold in the F250 drivers mirror when I park it in the carport, so it is not in the way when I walk by. It would be ideal if the mirrors folded in when parked, locked or not, as our garage has a post in the middle to walk around.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I think most vehicles with power folding mirrors have a setting to automatically fold on lock/etc.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Think key word is “power-folding mirrors“. Most cars that has this also has option to either fold or not fold when locked.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
I centered a ring-neck pheasant on the folding mirror of my F-250 at about 65 mph and when it slammed closed, it sounded like a shotgun went off in the cabin.

I was very glad it still worked after that --- they are about $1,200 each on this F-250.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
It is hard for me to imagine not putting in the software to fold/unfold automatically when the hardware for power folding is provided.

In the world of cars, maybe a manufacturer would do this to differentiate different trims. That is not the case in Mach E (if there is, it would be obvious from the ordering guide.)

Is there any such car where you get a button to fold/unfold but not the option to fold/unfold automatically when parked and/or locked.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
This will be my first vehicle with power folding mirrors. I am hoping there is a quick access button or switch in the vehicle or on the key fob because I would prefer to fold the mirrors at my discretion. An automatic setting would be helpful as well, but I would likely leave that disabled since I dont expect to use that feature very often.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This will be my first vehicle with power folding mirrors. I am hoping there is a quick access button or switch in the vehicle or on the key fob because I would prefer to fold the mirrors at my discretion. An automatic setting would be helpful as well, but I would likely leave that disabled since I dont expect to use that feature very often.
One of my car has it. But the manual On/Off is via the center control menu options. Not as simple as a button press. I have it set to auto fold when lock.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
My 2014 explorer has power folding mirrors. They are not automatic, and the button to control it is in the door handle button area with the rest of the mirror controls.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I centered a ring-neck pheasant on the folding mirror of my F-250 at about 65 mph and when it slammed closed, it sounded like a shotgun went off in the cabin.

I was very glad it still worked after that --- they are about $1,200 each on this F-250.
Did you find the pheasant?

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
I'm hoping for a voice command

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
My 2014 explorer has power folding mirrors. They are not automatic, and the button to control it is in the door handle button area with the rest of the mirror controls.
Same with the ‘15 Panamera. It’s a one-touch button, but I can’t find a setting to auto-fold upon locking.
Sponsored