BigBilly

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I was certain that when I ordered my new Mach e that it came with a power liftgate. Lo and behold, when I went to purchase the car after a very long wait, there was no power liftgate. Not wanting to wait another 6+ months, I took the car and I LOVE it. But I really miss the power liftgate. We have kids, and I get sent grocery shopping all the time, and a feature I used to think of as silly I now think of as really important. The dealership said that there was nothing that could be done. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a power liftgate installed. I would have thought that Ford would be more than willing to sell the parts to have it built in, but at least at this dealership there was no such luck.
Sponsored

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Are you asking about power liftgate or hands free (where you kick to open)?

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
There was an old thread on here about an aftermarket one.

autoease.com

Megabueno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE
Country flag
Autoease sells the retrofit for auto Liftgate; I installed a few already for multiple members. I also installed the foot module separately for multiple members. This is when you already have power Liftgate abs wanted the foot activate sensor.

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
This is probably a dumb question, but do I really need to send pictures of the car to autoease before they ship?
Sponsored