Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
Question had a update prompt yesterday "the down arrow" on upper screen,Tapped it and it stated 3.2.1 update available and I acknowledged it last night. Drove today no more notification even a check mark. Go to updates "no new updates available" It docent look to have updated in the sense I don't see the addition of apps or phone app saying updated

Did I do something wrong?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Question had a update prompt yesterday "the down arrow" on upper screen,Tapped it and it stated 3.2.1 update available and I acknowledged it last night. Drove today no more notification even a check mark. Go to updates "no new updates available" It docent look to have updated in the sense I don't see the addition of apps or phone app saying updated

Maybe it failed. 3.2.1 is a big 4GB update so it takes a while to download (~30 min), and after you hit the accept button it takes a while to unpack and install. Park the car and come back in an hour or two. You'll get a notification on your phone when it finishes successfully. If it fails it will try again in a couple days.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag

I have had the same experience.

Using the Ford Pass widget I see that my 3.2.1 update is in a state of artifact_retrieval_in_progress.

The update has failed to download in the two days since I accepted the update despite living in an area with great at&t coverage and a garage that has excellent wifi.

oh well

While Googling that status I found lots of pages referencing that status here and on an F150 forum, all around cars getting stuck on 1.7.1.

I wonder if many of us will be stuck on 3.1.1?

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I have had the same experience.

Using the Ford Pass widget I see that my 3.2.1 update is in a state of artifact_retrieval_in_progress.

The update has failed to download in the two days since I accepted the update despite living in an area with great at&t coverage and a garage that has excellent wifi.

oh well
Go turn the car on and leave it for 30 minutes (it will shut off automatically). Car needs to be on for a while to charge up the 12V battery and grab the download.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I already have the Ford lady and Siri in my car, let's toss another gal in for good measure!
Personally, I'd like Bitchin' Betty to announce when I'm running out of fuel, or telling me to Pull up, when I'm in the drive thru.

/Bingo Fuel, Bingo Fuel...

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Go turn the car on and leave it for 30 minutes (it will shut off automatically). Car needs to be on for a while to charge up the 12V battery and grab the download.
It has been driven for multiple 30-45 chunks over the past 2 days, but I will try.

The widget says the 12v battery is at 14v.

well....

As I was typing this I noticed that the widget also now says that there is a vehicle alert of UPDATE SUCCESSFUL

The car apparently updated after driving it around today for lunch.

I shouldn't have so little faith in Ford OTA processes.

Last edited:

Djynn81

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
Maybe it failed. 3.2.1 is a big 4GB update so it takes a while to download (~30 min), and after you hit the accept button it takes a while to unpack and install. Park the car and come back in an hour or two. You'll get a notification on your phone when it finishes successfully. If it fails it will try again in a couple days.
Looked into the IOS Widget app stated it failed. Not sure when it will try again

Djynn81

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
Any one know is update fails how to request reinstall? Mine failed 3 days ago and has not restarted.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Any one know is update fails how to request reinstall? Mine failed 3 days ago and has not restarted.
You have no control over that, Ford's server decides. Retries usually occur within one week. Drive your car daily is all you can do if you want the update ASAP.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
EA members may see a survey about this update in your email, a reminder to complete it.

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach Ex Iced Bue, 23 Lightning Ext SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Which update give you the low, med, high, "OFF" A/C update on the main screen?
you can turn it off, I did it but don't ask me how, less than 250km now. Also they need wind wings when window down, nasty over 60km/36mph.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I want a girl with a mind like a diamond
I want a girl who knows what's best
I want a girl with shoes that cut
And eyes that burn like cigarettes
This is literally my favorite song and makes me think of “Miss Parker” from the old show “The Pretender” from when I was a kid.

Man, I had a thing for Miss Parker.

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Any 2021’s getting 3.2.1 yet?