Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I'm going to make a separate topic for this since it's a major update. This is a 4 GB download that updates the APIM. Takes about 15 minutes to download (depending on AT&T service), 30 mins to unpack, and 10 minutes to install. Several games and a few new features were added. Right now it's only going out to early access 2022 cars, but this will be the update that adds Amazon Alexa to older vehicles.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 3.2.1 SYNC Update Sync version
Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 3.2.1 SYNC Update IMG_A5F3B40974BE-1

Additional support for dual phones has been added:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 3.2.1 SYNC Update 68139843108__9E8778D0-25AC-431B-A49F-09E29A609D0F

New games:
Lane change
Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 3.2.1 SYNC Update IMG_0979

Jigsaw Puzzles
Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 3.2.1 SYNC Update 68139880768__3124CA9D-1350-44A9-8CAD-E1E6763069C8

Sudoku has also been added.

A warning about connected services being turned off when viewing release notes may require a SYNC reboot to fix.

Last edited:

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
The car game reminds me nostalgically of Spy Hunter, from my misspent youth in many an arcade.

That said, I donā€™t want Alexa in my car, and I certainly would have no plan to pay anything to renew it after the three year period. I can wait until I get home to order my cat litter.

(Okay, this is probably AWESOME for anyone who is all-in on the Amazon ecosystem, but the Apple (me) and Google ecosystem people are very ā€œmehā€ about this, Iā€™m sure.)

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The car game reminds me nostalgically of Spy Hunter, from my misspent youth in many an arcade.

That said, I donā€™t want Alexa in my car, and I certainly would have no plan to pay anything to renew it after the three year period. I can wait until I get home to order my cat litter.

(Okay, this is probably AWESOME for anyone who is all-in on the Amazon ecosystem, but the Apple (me) and Google ecosystem people are very ā€œmehā€ about this, Iā€™m sure.)
Maybe you know this already, but FYI for everyone else you don't have to active Alexa if you don't want to. I have no plans to. For those concerned about privacy, she's not listening until you activate the service with your Amazon account. You can just ignore the icon. Maybe there's a way to remove the icon but I just ignore it. They did make it smaller than before in this release.

EDIT: You can dismiss the icon, see #11 below.

Last edited:

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
I'm sure someone, somewhere may have determined this, but is this the update which adds 1) full-screen Android auto and 2) moves the A/C button out of the climate control and onto the main screen?

edit: someone DID mention in the other thread that they got full-screen AA with 3.2.1 so that's a bonus.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I'm sure someone, somewhere may have determined this, but is this the update which adds 1) full-screen Android auto and 2) moves the A/C button out of the climate control and onto the main screen?

edit: someone DID mention in the other thread that they got full-screen AA with 3.2.1 so that's a bonus.
Can't tell you about Android Auto, and A/C button has been where it is now from the factory (2022MY) so that's not a change for me.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Is this THE big update?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I use Apple CarPlay. I donā€™t use Amazon Alexa and I have no desire to. And some new games I wonā€™t use. Iā€™m feeling very meh about this update.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Maybe you know this already, but FYI for everyone else you don't have to active Alexa if you don't want to. I have no plans to. For those concerned about privacy, she's not listening until you activate the service with your Amazon account. You can just ignore the icon. Maybe there's a way to remove the icon but I just ignore it. They did make it smaller than before in this release.
Out of curiosity, does this version of Alexa replace the short-press Ford Assistant or the long-press Siri/Google voice assistant on the steering wheel button, or is this an on-screen button only?

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
FYI you can dismiss the Alexa icon after tapping on it:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 3.2.1 SYNC Update Alexa

Out of curiosity, does this version of Alexa replace the short-press Ford Assistant or the long-press Siri/Google voice assistant on the steering wheel button, or is this an on-screen button only?
No, since I haven't activated it. Alexa might replace the Ford Assistant if you activate it. Siri/Google still works if you hold the button.

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
FYI you can dismiss the icon after tapping on it:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 3.2.1 SYNC Update Alexa

No, since I haven't activated it. Alexa might replace the Ford Assistant if you activate it. Siri/Google still works if you hold the button.
Is this new in the update? Or have people complaining just never actually pressed the button?

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Is this new in the update? Or have people complaining just never actually pressed the button?
I think so. Hard to remember but on 2022 factory software I think it only gave you the option to set up yes/no when you tapped on it. I stopped there, but maybe the option was a couple steps in?

tobin1920

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The "No and dismiss icon" option is definitely new in this update, and a great change.

I had already dismissed the icon but had to go through the old workaround of activating it and THEN signing out from the Alexa menu in Settings, which made the icon go away. The icon never re-appeared and I was never hassled about Alexa again after that initial setup -> sign out (and removed Ford Pass in my Amazon account somewhere), and these updates did not re-enable anything as far as I can tell. All is well.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Regarding Alexa, you can remove that aggravating little icon by registering for it (ironically) and then turning it off. No idea if registering has any other impact, but I was supremely annoyed by that icon.

I, for one, and disappointed that the software engineering team is spending cycles on Alexa rather than other more important improvements/fixes, but that's just me.

(edit: whoops, sorry, looks like Anthony beat me to it by a few minutes)
Sponsored