Power-Up 6.7.0

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I believe I called this a few months ago that this was gonna be part of the BC 1.3 rollout, but everyone was like nahhh haha šŸ˜‚ (before I was in EAP so this was just a logical guess!)
I've been working so I'm late to the parade. Yes, you did call it but ...
These are Ford patch notes. It doesn't actually say the following: You'll be able to unlatch the frunk from the sync screen on job 1 cars. It doesn't say you'll be able to unlatch the frunk from the driver's door keypad panel. It simply says you'll be able to open the frunk from FordPass. An app I look at about once a week. Again it's Ford OTA update notes, they're hardly accurate. I'd guess they left a bit out.

Will driving my car help with getting updates? I havenā€™t driven my car in weeks. Iā€™ve turned it on a few times in the garage hoping for an update but itā€™s still 6.1.0 from October.
All model years that had not received OTA 6.2 were frozen at 6.1 due to some issues with that update. Those have been resolved and the updated version of 6.2 has been released. You should get it at some point. And yes, you do need to have the car on. It phones home for an update check at some point after starting up.

I came here to try to find some Antarctic pineapples for @Kamuelaflyer
Chilled pineapple. Yum. Sugar Pineapples are even better. ;)
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've been working so I'm late to the parade. Yes, you did call it but ...
These are Ford patch notes. It doesn't actually say the following: You'll be able to unlatch the frunk from the sync screen on job 1 cars. It doesn't say you'll be able to unlatch the frunk from the driver's door keypad panel. It simply says you'll be able to open the frunk from FordPass. An app I look at about once a week. Again it's Ford OTA update notes, they're hardly accurate. I'd guess they left a bit out.

All model years that had not received OTA 6.2 were frozen at 6.1 due to some issues with that update. Those have been resolved and the updated version of 6.2 has been released. You should get it at some point. And yes, you do need to have the car on. It phones home for an update check at some point after starting up.

Chilled pineapple. Yum. Sugar Pineapples are even better. ;)
Isnā€™t that just Dole Whip?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Isnā€™t that just Dole Whip?
Sugar pineapples are super sweet pineapples. Stunningly sweet and not routinely available.
Farmers markets are about the only place to find them. The frunk is the perfect place to put them for the journey home if you do find one. A frunk capable of remotely opening would be best! ;)

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
There has never been a BCM OTA before, so I'm curious how that will work. Maybe only people that have gotten the BCM update previously at the dealer as part of 21P22 will get the frunk OTA?

I would like for there to be a BCM OTA, but they seem to avoid that one.
Well maybe not on the MME. But F-150s have gotten at least one BCM OTA that I know of.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Iā€™m in Antarctica right now, so itā€™s difficult to keep up with the important things šŸ˜€ I came here to try to find some Antarctic pineapples for @Kamuelaflyer šŸ˜€
I love ā¤ my frunk and use it whenever I go shopping. It is definitely one of the top points of the car. So much so, Iā€™d have a hard time considering a vehicle without a frunk!
How many penguins can you fit into a Mach E frunk?

Iā€™ve been able to for months. Not from the settings screen, where itā€™d be twice as helpful.

here I sit broken hearted
Got a job1, still.
Same here. I have 3 of the 4 ways to open the frunk. Still no screen button.

noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium 4X, Focus Electric
Country flag
Is your car a really early 2021, or is it a Job2 car? Only the Job1 cars do not have the proper software to pop the frunk lid. Ford has been slow rolling out an update so many people have manually updated their BCM and GFM software in order to make the actuator work. From there, it's been either a FORscan session to enable the center screen button or a newer routine in FDRS to activate the same button, then waiting for Ford to update its back-end servers so that the button appears in FordPass for the specific VIN. Now it looks like they packaged all of that into an OTA. Three years aftewr the Job1 cars started rolling off the assembly line. šŸ˜•šŸ©
It's a 2021 Job 1. Only updates other than the 3 or so I've gotten over the air came from the dealership. Mike (the FDRS legend) has indicated that they must have updated in the wrong order so my car is perpetually confused as to what it is actually running. BTW - only seems to work from remote. There is no control in the screen (where the rear hatch one is).šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
It's a 2021 Job 1. Only updates other than the 3 or so I've gotten over the air came from the dealership. Mike (the FDRS legend) has indicated that they must have updated in the wrong order so my car is perpetually confused as to what it is actually running. BTW - only seems to work from remote. There is no control in the screen (where the rear hatch one is).šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
OK, so if it works from the FordPass app, thatā€™s encouraging because it has the software installed to actuate the release. Is there a button. On your Settings screen? If not, then an FDRS user can run the routine that activates the center screen button (or it can be activated using FORscan). This should get you a button on the center screen unless there is something messed up in Sync. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©

Alutacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Perf
Country flag
Still on 6.1.0 (MY 21 Job 1), but I've had the frunk functions (screen, door pillar) for about a year now and the FP remote more recently.
How to open with door pillar?

T.S.

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, you won't get updates installed if your car is parked. Strongly recommend driving it minimum 30 minutes per week. However if Ford hasn't made updates available to you yet, they can't install no matter what you do.
Huh??? I'm so confused...if I have OTA updates set on automatic for any day of the week at 2 AM, why would I expected to be driving the car? Some of the updates have even warned that you should not plan on driving the car for 30 minutes (or whatever) and make sure it is charged. I have usually received updates when other have said in this forum that they received them, until recently. I have a '21 Premium AWD ER that is driven every few days and parked in my garage where it can connect to my Wi-Fi, and I'm only up to 6.1.0 from 10/30/23....whaaaaaa. šŸ˜–

I can't even get the update 23B50, which they sent a notice for in October saying I should get it ASAP, and which specifically says with Automatic Updates on, your vehicle will have to be parked with ignition off for 2 hours, and they recommend scheduling updates overnight.

P.S. I LOVE MY MME!!!

P.P.S. Back on thread topic...now that there is finally a way to "open" the frunk without having to bend down and pull the handle not once, but twice (oh, the horror), we already have complaints about a software update that's unable to magically transform a lock release mechanism into a power lift...šŸ¤¬ I'm betting on power frunk upgrade kits for MMEs in 3...2...1.

T.S.

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
All First Editon MMEs were produced during the 2021 Job1 timeframe, so it is a 2021 Job1 car, but not all ā€˜21 Job1 cars are First Editions. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©
Similar to all Paints (horses) are Pintos, but not all Pintos are Paints...šŸ„‚
Sponsored