Pre-Collision Assist not Available warning - Due to Waymo Self Driving car?

Wk217

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E 4X, '13 Ford C-Max, '15 Ford Flex
Country flag
While I was in stop and go city traffic today, the Mach-E felt I wasn't slowing down fast enough/getting too close to the car in front of me, so the Pre-Collision Assist alert fired (no emergency braking). I slowed to a stop, then creeped up a bit closer (so as to get my back end out of the intersection). The Pre-Collision Assist alert continued to beep, then, I got this "Pre-Collision Assist not available" warning message. A couple seconds later the car in front of me changed lanes to reveal this Waymo self driving car. When I was stopped at the next red light (several minutes later, and no longer behind the Waymo), I powered cycled the car and the message disappeared.

Could the sensors from the Waymo be the reason for the warning?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Pre-Collision Assist not Available warning - Due to Waymo Self Driving car? 1626483183530
Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
am not an expert but I don't think the waymo could cause that cause that would mean all the self driving cars would be causing each other to fault out. Meaning the only answer is

Ghosts

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
There is a small chance that something on the way mom car was causing interference with your cars sensors. It’s not likely, but theoretically possible. Is there any way you can get behind another autonomous car and see if it happens again?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I’m gonna need Waymo information before I can help.

OP
OP

Wk217

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E 4X, '13 Ford C-Max, '15 Ford Flex
Country flag
There are Waymo cars all over the San Francisco Bay area. Yesterday was not the first time I was near a Waymo, but it was the first time that I saw that warning message.

I figure it may have something to do with having the Pre Collision warning fire as I was braking slower than the system wanted, followed by my creeping up closer to that car in front of me causing the warning to continue to fire +/- emissions from the Waymo.
Sponsored