Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
  • Banned
Good afternoon MachE owners. Any suggestions with pre-conditioning the battery while doing a road trip. Specifically when driving in the winter and staying at a hotel for a couple of days. I will be doing a road trip up north in Ottawa, Canada. The Hotel's have chargers at them but I am thinking that this should be rather interesting, when it comes to pre-conditioning the battery. Do you run out and plug it in an hour before you leave to warm it up???

Once again we are getting to the feature really needed which would be a " Manual Pre-Conditioning battery Option" I do not understand why such an easy fix is so hard to imagine.

Maybe the Ford engineers should have to take road trips and experience the journey first and then decide what new software features are priority. Living in a cold climate has its challenges, why make more of them then needed??
Sponsored

Last edited:

Travlcub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Corporate Travel Consultant
Country flag
Good afternoon MachE owners. Any suggestions with pre-conditioning the battery while doing a road trip. Specifically when driving in the winter and staying at a hotel for a couple of days. I will be doing a road trip up north in Ottawa, Canada. The Hotel's have chargers at them but I am thinking that this should be rather interesting, when it comes to pre-conditioning the battery. Do you run out and plug it in an hour before you leave to warm it up???

Once again we are getting to the feature really needed which would be a " Manual Pre-Conditioning battery Option" I do not understand why such an easy fix is so hard to imagine.

Maybe the Ford engineers should have to take road trips and experience the journey first and then decide what new software features are priority. Living in a cold climate has its challenges, why make more of them then needed??
Do you know what time youā€™re checking out? Iā€™d put hat down on the app and keep in charged. I hope that made sense

Travlcub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Corporate Travel Consultant
Country flag
Do you know what time youā€™re checking out? Iā€™d put hat down on the app and keep in charged. I hope that made sense
Something along these lines

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The vehicle should already be charged to target before starting. Youā€™ll need to set a departure time. Plug in at least two hours before the departure time.

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT

When itā€™s cold in PA below 33 šŸ˜‚, warm for many I plug in 30 mins ahead and set the schedule to warm up the cabin and condition the battery for the right

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The vehicle should already be charged to target before starting. Youā€™ll need to set a departure time. Plug in at least two hours before the departure time.
On my recent trip, I set a departure time of 8AM. Car wasn't done charging, but it preconditioned and warmed the cabin. Of note - the charging session had not ended. Some chargers need to be restarted, either by a button, or unplugging and plugging back in, to start a session.

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
Did not realize itā€™s two hrs ahead

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
  • Banned
Sometimes I go on business trips, two days and three nights away. Looks like there is some work needed to make sure that the battery is in good start up mode before moving around. Interesting, they never chat about this stuff when signing on the dotted line. I appreciate the feedback, atleast the eduction will help to keep this car running well into the future

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
When itā€™s cold in PA below 33 šŸ˜‚, warm for many I plug in 30 mins ahead and set the schedule to warm up the cabin and condition the battery for the right
My understanding is the the warm up mode has nothing to do with pre-conditioning the battery. In fact they are totally separate. I guess people living in Florida and California never have to think about pre-conditioning of the battery. If this is the future, then its about time to have a function to make this happen

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sometimes I go on business trips, two days and three nights away. Looks like there is some work needed to make sure that the battery is in good start up mode before moving around. Interesting, they never chat about this stuff when signing on the dotted line. I appreciate the feedback, atleast the eduction will help to keep this car running well into the future
Unless you're driving a very long distance on those days away, simply do a remote start and go. Only if you need the range that day does a departure time matter.
Sponsored