Evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
As I sit here at 112* in Phoenix, one of the features that I’d love to have is the ability to pre-cool the car.

From what I know of Tesla autos, they are “always on” and it’s possible to fire up the app and tell the car to cool down prior to when you want to drive it.

Anyone know of the MME will have this feature?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
As I sit here at 112* in Phoenix, one of the features that I’d love to have is the ability to pre-cool the car.

From what I know of Tesla autos, they are “always on” and it’s possible to fire up the app and tell the car to cool down prior to when you want to drive it.

Probably? All we know for sure is that while it's plugged in, a setting called Departure Times can be used to precondition the power train and cabin. We don't know yet have concrete details on "remote start" or stuff like that.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

The best place to go for these questions are the dealer training and the Packaging Guide.

For this one, Dealer Training page 51:
FORDPASS AND MUSTANG MACH-E
Owners who download the FordPass App and activate their vehicle, will maintain a connection to their Mustang Mach-E.1 They will be able to use the FordPass App on their smartphone or the SYNC® 4A touchscreen in their vehicle to:
  • Find a charging station in the FordPass Charging Network
  • Check charger availability, power levels and prices
  • Plan a trip with charging stations along their route
  • Set Departure Times to precondition the vehicle for warming up or cooling down before driving

Attachments

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Yes departure preconditioning works when it’s not plugged in but it will cost you a few miles of range... just like running your ice vehicle.

OP
OP

Evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
Awesome! Thanks for that Mark. Looks like I need to spend some serious time in the bowels of the training manual! :)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes departure preconditioning works when it’s not plugged in but it will cost you a few miles of range... just like running your ice vehicle.
Even my Leaf has a button in the app for Climate Control On/Off.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Even my Leaf has a button in the app for Climate Control On/Off.
As does my Bolt. I can precondition it when nearby by double-clicking the lock button on the FOB and then pressing the activate button or by using the app. Hopefully, the MME will be just as easy. I love that feature! Living in Wisconsin, it is sometimes worth using some of my battery to pre-heat when it is Zero F before leaving a restaurant or movie theater (remember when we could do those things?).

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Dog mode: keep me cool, or warm! I’m needy! And I slobber!

Cat Mode: Hacks the Sync 4a, reprograms the efficiency of the batteries and motors, extends the range 6x, inputs the fastest route to the nearest tuna canning plant, implements level 5 self drive, curls up on the dash catching a nap while the car self drives to the coast and you’re left wondering what happened to your MME.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I do this with my Veloster all the time. I'm able to remotely start the car from the MyHyundai app and set the climate control. It is a paid service, but I got 3 years free when I bought it. There's been a few instances of it not working, but generally works well for me.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Most likely the precooling/preconditioning will work similar to the other Ford plugins.

On them you can set up to two times a day for the car to automatically wake up and set the internal cabin temperature. Then the car will automatically heat or cool the car to the set temp. Once setup no other driver interaction is necessary. It always was really nice heading out to work in a toasty Focus. Of course if your commute times aren't fixed then you'll have to remote start it as needed.

You may want to adjust that set temp once in a while (on my FFE in the winter I set it to 80F and the summer I had it either at 72F or 68F).

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I recommend buying and installing a full window shade with a metallic reflective surface. We are getting up to 92 F now, and my Fusion Hybrid is all black inside. The shade keeps it less than 90 F inside while parked outdoors, and saves the extra energy to cool it down. My shade even has the name "FUSION" printed on it.

If anyone is interested, I can supply the shade seller and maybe they can prepare the Mach-E shade version (with "MACH-E" printed on it) for sale by the time the Mac-E is at showrooms or delivered.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
There are a lot of cars that have the ability to run the a/c to pre-cool from an app. I had it on my 2014 Taurus. Where the BEV shines, is it can do it for longer periods of time while sitting. On the Telsa's one of the better features is the "cabin overheat protection". If the cabin gets over 100 degrees (i think that's adjustable), it will automatically cool the cabin down. You can turn this feature off (or it auto shuts off if the battery is low enough). I've seen next to no impact to my range by using this. Also is nice to just leave the A/C running while you run into the store (there is a climate Off/On/Dog/Camp mode slider on the A/C screen).
Sponsored