emichnov

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Driver Facing Camera SW Improvement (equipped vehicles only)
This update adds robustness to the Driver State Monitoring system and increases availability of BlueCruise and reduces false eyes-off warnings
Just what I needed was a more robustness of the driver monitoring awareness,
Actually, It says, "reduces false eyes-off warnings". I have found that to be true - it is more tolerant of occasional look aways and only needs to see one eye focused on the road. I think it is LESS of a nanny now. Which maybe good or bad, depending on your perspective.
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi Shayne. I mentioned the efficiency numbers solely as a couple of data points. You are correct in that they have no influence over the heating of the battery; I did mention that I had turned off the heaters for cabin use prior to setting the nav route to the charger. And then mentioned that I verified they came back on and battery temperature rose as expected for preconditioning.
Understand and good info. Just pointing out that shutting off hvac will start heating the battery if needed whether you have a nav set or not. That is the key setting nav and having hvac at 80F will not do too much and does not matter how slow you drive.

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Understand and good info. Just pointing out that shutting off hvac will start heating the battery if needed whether you have a nav set or not. That is the key setting nav and having hvac at 80F will not do too much and does not matter how slow you drive.
Big difference between heating the battery if needed and bringing it to ~75 degrees for efficient fast charging. I have been driving around lately trying to validate that my Lightning does the charging precondition. Local fast charger is 8 or so miles away. Haven't witnessed battery heating as I drive around with the charger as my destination (either because I am too close, truck is too cool, or similar), but I can tell you with the heat off and the battery at around 41, no heating is happening at all.
Sponsored