Price Protection

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The c
You will need your certificate number for the $750 then they can apply it. I called Ford customer service. +18003923673
And chat is good as well: https://www.ford.com/help/contact/#chat
Program 38278 or 38276. A/Z/D/X-Plan eligible. Transferable within household. Dated 10/1/22. Will be under your customer ID, i.e the Ford account you ordered with.
Sponsored

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
Premium ER, AWD, Star White. Ordered Aug. '21, I have the printout (that I printed from ford.com, and I think I signed the same when I went in to the dealership and had them confirm my order) that lists the price as $57,695. Online currently lists the price of my converted to a 2022 car as $59,695.00. (looks like the 4/13 price increase was appropriately not added).

Price protection with the conversion should subtract $2000 and then I should also be eligible for the $750 credit for the model year conversion and $325 for the lack of the park assist?
I have the same spec car with interior protection added and also ordered in August. Due to arrive at the dealer any day now. You should be sorted at the price and credits you mention.

I think the biggest thing to look out for as there are no reports of this yet....is if your final sticker reflects the park assist credit in the MSRP, that they don't ONLY charge you the price from your October order. They need to deduct the park assist from the October price as well. Probably a non-issue, but just something to be aware of.

D’Roc

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E SR eAWD
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
I placed my MME order on 2/4/22. When I heard of the 4/13/22 increase, I contacted them and was told “You are price protected based on order date”.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I am working with my dealer. Sent them two emails and talked with my "sales associate". I am working on my third email and will call again if no response. I got the BS about me paying the added cost and I will get a check from Ford. Not buying it. If that were the case, I would be paying $3K (GT with extended battery) more in interest. Not sure what is going on with them. They are a decent dealer with a written no ADM policy. Hope I can get it sorted out since this has been the only issue so far with the order...other than the wait, the wait, the wait...echo.... ;)

I am reading other comments and what a scam other dealers are doing. I image they are hitting the customer with the $2K or $3K cost and then getting it on the back end from Ford. Great way for them to make $4K or $6K by not being customer centric. Image paying them a few thousand over MSRP and then they get this added money.

MMENJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Wrangler 4xE, 23 Mach E GT-“Julius”
Country flag
I just ordered before the deadline but have absolutely no confidence my dealer will PP, honor X Plan, or know sh*t about the Options plan. I ordered online and picked the dealer with no ADMs, dealer salesman didn’t even know the dealer he works at accepted the order.
They could easily tell me to F off when it comes in after I wait 10 months.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I just ordered before the deadline but have absolutely no confidence my dealer will PP, honor X Plan, or know sh*t about the Options plan. I ordered online and picked the dealer with no ADMs, dealer salesman didn’t even know the dealer he works at accepted the order.
They could easily tell me to F off when it comes in after I wait 10 months.
I think with the shortages of cars, the dealers are getting greedy. Yes, they could make it hard on you and I HOPE they do not.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag

Navy Bird

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select
Occupation
Retired baby!
Country flag
Sorry if this has been covered in any of the other price protection threads but I couldn't find anything during a quick look. I'm buying a car that the dealer ordered for their stock that hasn't been delivered yet. However, it is being built this week. All I signed at the dealership was a "Sales Worksheet" which is essentially an intent to buy - it's not an official sales contract. By signing this worksheet the dealer is reserving the car for me. I suspected that this situation will not be subject to any price protection since the car was not ordered in my name (it was for dealer stock). However, now that the car is being built, I have the VIN and window sticker and it does not show the recent price increase. So maybe the price was protected?

Cheers,
Bill

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No price protection as you surmised. Once it's built and stickered, you should be all set.

Navy Bird

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select
Occupation
Retired baby!
Country flag
...Once it's built and stickered, you should be all set.
Thanks! The sticker shows the same price as the worksheet I signed so I'm a happy dude. Now I can afford to buy some Pony badge coasters for the cup holders.

Cheers,
Bill

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
NP. They don't print new stickers once it's on the car.

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
Thanks! The sticker shows the same price as the worksheet I signed so I'm a happy dude. Now I can afford to buy some Pony badge coasters for the cup holders.

Cheers,
Bill
You are doubly ok because supposedly this week's price increase was canceled (according to another thread).

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
NP. They don't print new stickers once it's on the car.
Not necessarily true. A lot of us in the 3/14 build week got new stickers after chip hold with the active park assist prep kit credit. Bit of a different situation but it does create precedence.

Miami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
You are correct. You get to choose either the incentives today or the incentive that were in place when you ordered, whichever is better. When the dealer locks the deal in SmartVincent they have the ability to select the incentive date to be either the order date or the sale date.

I haven't been tracking the rates either since I've had my car for a year now. But I think you're right that it's been 1.4% the whole time.
Thank you so much!

By any chance maybe somebody have Price Protection experience with Metro Ford Miami?
Please let me know :)

amc

First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Mach E
Occupation
CLS
Country flag
It just sucks that the dealer does not honor the price protection. They honestly want to piss you off so you dont buy the car and they sell it with a big markup. So instead, they pocket the 2k price increase and steal from you. All these salesman should go to hell.
Sponsored