Price Protection

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
Has anyone successfully gotten the price protection after the fact?

I ordered my car on 8/7/21 (meaning I have a signed Retail Buyer Order signed by me and the dealership with an out-the-door price on it). I took delivery on 5/14/22. At that time, the Sales Manager said that I was price protected, but they didn't know how much Ford would give back because of fraud, but that his folks were well versed and would submit the paperwork on Monday (this was a Saturday). He said that people have been getting it as fast as 15 days but that Ford had 45 days and I should be prepared to wait that long. I didn't trust the guy and figured most of this was exaggeration if not lies.

Well, here we are 63 days later and still no check. I tried to go in this week, but the Office Manager who deals with it is on vacation, so I have to wait until next week. Just wondering if I should be reasonable and give them longer or if it is fair to start demanding accountability. We're talking $2000, so I'm not just walking away.
I received the check in the mail yesterday! So assuming they submitted the claim the Monday after I took delivery (which they said they would do but I was never able to confirm), it was 5/16 -> 7/28 or 73 days.
Sponsored

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I was lucky the finance guy screwed up my contract (on a Saturday) and a few days later the contract had to be reworked with 36 total payments instead of the wrong/original 35.

They had submitted price protection on the Monday and confirmed I was eligible so my updated contract had the $3K off (GTPE).

sabbyzaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E, Nissan 370Z
Country flag
Picked up my car sat and my dealer said that they submitted a rebate to ford on my behalf. Ford validates that the person purchasing the car is the same name on the order. This is to make sure dealers are not selling a dealer inventory car to someone and getting the rebate. I had to sign a paper with the address to mail my check to. Was told it would be the $2k difference. This is $1k msrp and $1k battery increase. My dealer told me 1-2 months and to call if I don't get it in 2 months. Now I wait again.

passtc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-e Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Picked up my car sat and my dealer said that they submitted a rebate to ford on my behalf. Ford validates that the person purchasing the car is the same name on the order. This is to make sure dealers are not selling a dealer inventory car to someone and getting the rebate. I had to sign a paper with the address to mail my check to. Was told it would be the $2k difference. This is $1k msrp and $1k battery increase. My dealer told me 1-2 months and to call if I don't get it in 2 months. Now I wait again.
the issue with “rebate” is that you paid tax on the 2k. price protection should be 2k off the invoice.

which dealer did you purchase from?

sabbyzaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E, Nissan 370Z
Country flag
the issue with “rebate” is that you paid tax on the 2k. price protection should be 2k off the invoice.

which dealer did you purchase from?
I agree on the taxes but at this point not going to bother with it the dealer was generous on my trade and added my test drive promo so just hoping they don't let me down on the $2k

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
What paper did you sign? Did that look like some sort of standardized document, or something that you and the dealer agreed on?

jr4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
My dealer refused price protection up front. I'm just over 3 months since taking delivery, so I inquired about my check. They said it usually takes 2 months for Ford to reinvoice the car and then another month to issue the check (to them). Still waiting. No response other than acknowledging my inquiry.

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E AWD Premium, 22' BMW X5 45e
Country flag
My dealer refused price protection up front. I'm just over 3 months since taking delivery, so I inquired about my check. They said it usually takes 2 months for Ford to reinvoice the car and then another month to issue the check (to them). Still waiting. No response other than acknowledging my inquiry.
I am in same situation, little over 3 months right now. I created a tread below to track everyone's status:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/price-protection-refund-tracking-add-your-status.20179/

Seems like average is about over 90 days if dealer will send the check. I am going to wait until end of this month and reach out to dealer to see the status.

Reactions: jr4

Jddaigneault

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Sorry to jump into an old thread, but my order date was 2/22 and my car arrived this week. Went to the dealer, they’re claiming price protection doesn’t extend to incentives and interest rates. I plan to go through a lot of the steps you all listed, but does anyone know how many days the dealer needs to allot for me to take delivery before they can sell the car to someone else? We all know that is their end goal and I want the car and have been waiting 10 months for it but the interest rate hike from 2.49 to 4.99 is a difference of about $6000. Added to that I’d be losing $1300 in rebate incentives.

Unfortunately the snake oil salesman alluded to having seen these sold from under people, which I took as a scare tactic but want to know if there’s a firm date they could get away with selling the car to someone else.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
They can sell to someone else very quickly.

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag
Sorry to jump into an old thread, but my order date was 2/22 and my car arrived this week. Went to the dealer, they’re claiming price protection doesn’t extend to incentives and interest rates. I plan to go through a lot of the steps you all listed, but does anyone know how many days the dealer needs to allot for me to take delivery before they can sell the car to someone else? We all know that is their end goal and I want the car and have been waiting 10 months for it but the interest rate hike from 2.49 to 4.99 is a difference of about $6000. Added to that I’d be losing $1300 in rebate incentives.

Unfortunately the snake oil salesman alluded to having seen these sold from under people, which I took as a scare tactic but want to know if there’s a firm date they could get away with selling the car to someone else.
Great question. Perhaps you can escalate within the dealership and/or to Ford Customer Service? Certainly could refinance immediately after purchase, but rates are up everywhere. Also look into Ford Options balloon loan option, which often came with a $500-$2500 incentive from Ford. At least would take away some of the pain.

Jddaigneault

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I have the deal for a Ford options program already. That’s what I agreed to back in February. My dealer is not honoring the agreement and is even entering a faulty order date in smart Vincent. I’m escalating with Ford, hopefully that leads to positive results.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I have the deal for a Ford options program already. That’s what I agreed to back in February. My dealer is not honoring the agreement and is even entering a faulty order date in smart Vincent. I’m escalating with Ford, hopefully that leads to positive results.
Have the dealer pull up a DORA report - that tells you the price protection you are eligible.
Smart VINcent will report the day of order - rates & incentives.
You should also find the regional Ford rep for your dealer - they can educate the dealer.

jr4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
I was in the same boat. I walked out of the dealership after the price protection discussion, with my car in the lot. I left it there for 3 or 4 days, but yeah, it was killing me knowing that apparently they could sell it. I don't know how long they have to hold it. It would seem that you would have to officially walk away from it, but perhaps not. They would be tempted I'm sure to try to sell it this month/year.

The tax rebate will not follow the car as I understand it. It has to be sold to the person named on the order.
Sponsored