Price protection help.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
My Gm at my dealership is struggling to figure out this price protection on my 22 gtpe. They called around and have found info on it, but are missing the steps to complete. When they enter my information, the discount doesn't show up for them. They been calling corporate and struggling to find an answer as they just keep reading the same email back to them and getting the run around. Is there anyone who knows this process inside out and can help my dealership?
Sponsored

OP
OP

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Courtesy of @nhammerschmidt
Have the dealer contact the VOPC (Vehicle order processing center) they can confirm it. The dealer can also search "Price Protection" in the "Dealers Ask Ford" section with their dealer extranet (FMCDealer).

Courtesy of @Mach-Lee
FYI the link to Dealers Ask Ford is at the very bottom of the FMCDealer pages if someone can't find it.

Sales Price Protection
Summary: Provides details of errors with automatic payment after the 45 day period.

Overview
Price protection guarantees the original price level, as long as it is reported sold to the original customer. Price protection covers the base price of the unit and will automatically be paid approximately 45 days after the unit is reported sold to the same customer for whom the unit was ordered.

Mismatched Names and Non-Payment
In the event that the price protection program does not automatically pay the dealership after the 45-day period, the Vehicle Order Processing Center can research the concern. Non-payment may be due to several reasons, including:
  • Vehicle ordered in the business name but sold to the business owner (or vice versa)
  • Vehicle ordered in wifeā€™s name but reported sold in the husbandā€™s name (or vice versa)
When a name mismatch occurs, please contact the Vehicle Order Processing Center to review. Be prepared to provide proper documentation for the order to prove the relationship between the name and sold-to-name. Acceptable documents can include:
  • Business card
  • Business license
  • Tax information / license
  • Copies of the sold-to-name driverā€™s license MUST reflect the same address as the ordering name. It must prove that both ordering name and sold- to-name reside in the same household.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

OP
OP

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
if anyone else has issues with this, send this link to your dealership.

It's helped my gm figure it out and now I'm asked to come in to redo the contract m thanks everyone

Rocketman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Premium RWD ER
Country flag
My Gm at my dealership is struggling to figure out this price protection on my 22 gtpe. They called around and have found info on it, but are missing the steps to complete. When they enter my information, the discount doesn't show up for them. They been calling corporate and struggling to find an answer as they just keep reading the same email back to them and getting the run around. Is there anyone who knows this process inside out and can help my dealership?
how did it go with the dealer? did he honor the price protection?

OP
OP

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
how did it go with the dealer? did he honor the price protection?
After watching that video, they were able to figure it out. I was given my origional 2021 pricing.

Rocketman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Premium RWD ER
Country flag
After watching that video, they were able to figure it out. I was given my origional 2021 pricing.
Glad it worked out! Hopefully my dealer also does the same. ??

OP
OP

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
good luck. hopefully they all get on the boat and honor it.

DoubleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, MME CA RT1 4x
Country flag
Update on my price protection experience. In the end, Citrus Ford came through like a champ. If youā€™re in SoCal I strongly recommend them. For those who didnā€™t see my earlier post, some background. I ordered on-line in October of ā€˜21 about 2 weeks before the price increases were announced. Citrus agreed via text to honor MSRP with no Adm or additional options added to the car. They also agreed to honor Xplan pricing.

Important background: I failed to make a copy of the original pricing and so had no evidence of my original price at the time of order.

Fast forward to July 30, I get a surprise text that my car is available for pick up. Just two days before I got an email from Ford saying it would be delayed about 4 more weeks. And the dealer said it would be about a week. I had been texting with them about the delays and about my concerns over price protection in the month prior. Anyway, they ask if I can pick it up (today)?

When I talk to the dealer rep on the phone I tell him I can only pick it up that day if we have all the terms and paperwork set up in advance because they close at 8 and I cant get there until after 7. So, I spend most of the day letting them know that I had X plan and price protection for both the price and the financing. They request my X Plan pin and tell me they will investigate the price protection and get back to me. They call back and say they donā€™t have any evidence of price protection and donā€™t know how to handle it. So, I send them the video and tell them they can run the numbers using the Smart Vincent system. Itā€™s clear they watch it but they ask me if I have the print out of the original price invoice (which I donā€™t). They tell me they will run the report and print it out for me when I get to the dealer.

Fast forward.

I show up to the dealer and they have written everything up with the price w/o price protection, but with the X plan benefit. A lucky breakā€”It also has the California Clean Vehicle discount of $750 which I didnā€™t think this dealer qualified for (it is not listed on their or the stateā€™s website). They show me the print out form from the system showing there are no eligible discounts or price protection for financing or MSRP. However, when going over the printout I notice that the report was run based on the sale date and not the order date. I ask them to rerun it using the order date. When they do the rate on Options comes back at 2.9% rather 3.9%. (This lowers my payment by about $60/month IIRC). They say they didnā€™t see any difference with the MSRP. I tell them Iā€™m pretty sure that is incorrect, but at this point its well past 9PM and Iā€™m very tired and I say well Ill sign but Id like for you to guarantee me that if I am entitled to the MSRP price protection you will refund that to me. I send it in a text and they agree.

The next day I get an email from them asking how I felt about my service provided by the dealer. Im honest. I tell them that overall I thought everyone was friendly and helpful but that I was frustrated by the issue with price protection. I explain that customers shouldnā€™t have to tell sales reps and dealers how their internal systems work and how to apply price protection in order to get the promised prices. I get a text back right away from my sales rep (or someone at their desk-itā€™s a shared account it turns out) saying they are going to look in to it but it is going to take a few days as they have to talk to some regional rep (or something like that).

Anyway, on the 12th I get a text saying they worked with their regional rep and indeed, Im entitled to a price reduction of $1650 for price protection. They ask if I want to pick up the check or have it mailed to me! (of course its not perfect as I had to pay tax and title on that larger amount, but Im more than happy to eat that small difference in the scheme of things).

In the end Citrus Ford delivered on all their promises, and even gave me an additional $750 I wasnā€™t expecting.
Sponsored