Reaction score
Website
photos.mustangsbymike.com
Vehicles
2014 F350 LB Platinum 2001 Bullitt 2022 MME Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I currently have my VIN#, no window sticker or production date as of yet. The dealer system showed 7/18 for a production week, but has been pushed to 7/25.

How long prior to the supposed production week did you receive an actual production specific date?
Sponsored

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
You don’t get a specific date. A bunch of us watched the prior week’s build progress and once done, we started monitoring the motorcraft website using our vins to see when the vehicle was actually built (every day, sometimes multiple times a day). Virtually everyone who got an actual production date from their dealer was disappointed to find out it was grossly inaccurate. Good luck.

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
You don’t get a specific date. A bunch of us watched the prior week’s build progress and once done, we started monitoring the motorcraft website using our vins to see when the vehicle was actually built (every day, sometimes multiple times a day). Virtually everyone who got an actual production date from their dealer was disappointed to find out it was grossly inaccurate. Good luck.
My dealer was able to give me a specific date(day) after the production week showed up. It didn't turn out to be true because of the delay associated with the recall announcement.

OP
OP

scode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.mustangsbymike.com
Vehicles
2014 F350 LB Platinum 2001 Bullitt 2022 MME Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dealer is very poor at communication, however the sheet I received from the dealer computer guy showed, pushed from 7/18 to 7/25 but no actual production date. But I have had a VIN# for several weeks.

But your response's help explain the process. Thanks for the replies!!

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
My dealer was able to give me a specific date(day) after the production week showed up. It didn't turn out to be true because of the delay associated with the recall announcement.
None of the dealer-provided dates to our build group turned out accurate, even before the recall. These dates rely on historically known issues and ideal production timelines which are unrealistic. My point is to ignore them and look for dates based on other members’ experience.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Most recently things became skewed because the plant was seemingly halted for about three weeks for the high voltage battery junction connector issue. That halt occurred during my build week. So what I can tell you is that when my build week hit, there were two batches remaining to be finished from the previous week, and then I think it was the Tuesday or Wednesday of the week when people started to see their cars being built (by monitoring the motorcraft website mentioned above, and looking to see when modules are populated). There are people in my build week who have already received their cars, actually, whereas mine (delayed by three weeks) just shipped about a week ago.

Ford seems to have been more aggressive about bumping the build week for people, and since they're still not taking any new orders, one would hope that the accuracy of the build week has improved.

A few other notes that may be of interest:
Total build time seems variable - some people's cars were done in about three days, mine took five, as I recall.
I was under the impression that the modules populating meant that your car was in the final stages of being built, but that wasn't the case for me. I had modules, and then it still took a few more days for the car to be marked as completed. Not sure if things went out of order due to the three-week plant shutdown.
Ship time is variable; for some people it shipped the day after it was built, mine was shipped two or three days later (weekend; ambiguity about timing on my end has to do with time zones). And then you'll find some unlucky folks who got stuck in the chip hold scenario, or who had some other weird event where it took weeks before it shipped...

Hopefully your build week won't slip further, and will be more or less accurate.
Sponsored