Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It's not a real Mustang until it jumps a curb and hits something while leaving Cars and Coffee.
Sponsored

SpongeBad

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MACH E, 2013 Ford Escape
Country flag
The F-150 has a hybrid, twin turbo variant that gets fuel mileage the original F-100 could only dream of and the towing numbers to go with it.
The F-150 also has a full electric variant now. Maybe Ford should've called it the F-150 Mustang to really make peoples' heads spin.

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext ordered Feb 2022
Country flag
Wrong thread

Last edited:

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
My door plate does not say Mustang. Maybe I should take it back? All mine says is "First Edition" :p:p:p
First Edition Mustangs came out in 1964. ;)

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The F-150 also has a full electric variant now. Maybe Ford should've called it the F-150 Mustang to really make peoples' heads spin.
Ha! F-150 Bullitt.

I have seen a few people grumble that they used the "Lightning" name for the EV since that is typically associated with a supercharged V8 F-150.

I would actually say those upset about the F-150 Lightning name reuse makes more sense than the Mustang and the MME. The Lightning was only ever one thing, a Supercharged V8 regular cab F-150. The Lightning EV doesn't share anything there except for a badge and a bed.

The Mustang Mach-E is still fast in a straight line, Mustangs have had more than one engine variant over the generations so a new powerplant isn't an issue, has had back seats and cargo space. Only thing really different in terms of being a big departure is the second set of doors.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I also find it pretty funny when the Youtube reviewers refers to the tail lights as being "Mustang inspired" - it is a Mustang. Not sure how a Mustang can be inspired by a Mustang.
Because they could have designed it with totally different looking tailights than previous Mustangs. Chevrolet did this when they introduced the C7 Corvette. Many folks did not like the new tailights as they thought they looked like off a Camaro. First photo is C6, second one is a C7, see the difference? Many donā€™t find them
Corvette inspired.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Proof it's a Mustang!!! 37E98693-A1A6-48F5-B040-55485EAD1D86
Ford Mustang Mach-E Proof it's a Mustang!!! FD444595-5A73-490B-B353-F2DF6FB41471

Last edited:

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext ordered Feb 2022
Country flag
Itā€™s a Mustang by name and a few styling cues.

otherwise it is a 4 door electric suv.

Iā€™ll hit these 3 individually.

If Ford made a 4 door sedan based on the Mustang with a 5.0 and RWD it would still have been a big issue to call it a Mustang. They would do better to go to dead sedan names bin and pull something out.

An Electric power current 2dr Mustang could be called a Mustang but will still upset less people.

An SUV will never be a real Mustang no matter the drivetrain.

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
It's not a real Mustang until it jumps a curb and hits something while leaving Cars and Coffee.
Or makes a right turn?? šŸ¤£

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Because they could have designed it with totally different looking tailights than previous Mustangs. Chevrolet did this when they introduced the C7 Corvette. Many folks did not like the new tailights as they thought they looked like off a Camaro. First photo is C6, second one is a C7, see the difference? Many donā€™t find them
Corvette inspired.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Proof it's a Mustang!!! Ford-Mustang-Crash
Ford Mustang Mach-E Proof it's a Mustang!!! Ford-Mustang-Crash
You've missed my point a bit - I was making the comment tongue-in-cheek. Like asking a musician who inspires them and they say "Me!". The Mustang inspires the Mustang.

I think what they mean is the iconic Mustang design cues have been used in the design of a different Mustang. But that's not "inspiration", that's actually doing it. Maybe semantics, but I find it funny when they point it out.

Now, does a C8 look like a "Corvette"? Not really....looks like a Ferrari 458. But that's for a different forum :cool:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Many donā€™t find them
Corvette inspired.
By definition if a Corvette update is designed by Chevrolet for the Corvette, itā€™s a Corvette. Unhappy aficionados are free to not buy the car ā€” at least until it becomes a classic then they will be clamoring for one.

Ditto for the Mustang.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think what they mean is the iconic Mustang design cues have been used in the design of a different Mustang.

Now, does a C8 look like a "Corvette"? Not really....looks like a Ferrari 458. But that's for a different forum :cool:
Now you get what I was trying to tell you, they could have used inspiration for the taillights from anywhere else except the ICE Mustang. Therefore stating it was Mustang inspired was accurate as they stuck with the current ICE Mustang design.

Now onto the Corvette, I said C6 to C7, nothing about a C8 which is a whole different ballgame.

Last edited:

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
By definition if a Corvette update is designed by Chevrolet for the Corvette, itā€™s a Corvette. Unhappy aficionados are free to not buy the car ā€” at least until it becomes a classic then they will be clamoring for one.

Ditto for the Mustang.
Of course it is still a Corvette but many folks were not happy with the taillights used in the C7 looking like they came from the Camaro.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
An SUV will never be a real Mustang no matter the drivetrain.
Please, for me and maybe a few others, what exactly is a "REAL" Mustang? Inquiring minds want to know! šŸ˜‚

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Please, for me and maybe a few others, what exactly is a "REAL" Mustang? Inquiring minds want to know! šŸ˜‚
My personal criteria? As I told a person rather disturbed about the Mustang Mach-e a few months back. "Bill Ford says it's a Mustang. Good enough for me." ;)

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My personal criteria? As I told a person rather disturbed about the Mustang Mach-e a few months back. "Bill Ford says it's a Mustang. Good enough for me." ;)
Agreed, I just want to know what some mean by real. šŸ˜‚
Sponsored