Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Healthcare Finance
Country flag
Well, I’m dealing with this now. Just heard a critter knocking around in front driver-side “fender” area. I’m going to try all these remedies. I started with dropping some Bounce dryer sheets in the frunk, and I’m going to do the peppermint essential oil sacks tomorrow. Mothballs around the parking area (outside) and under the car. Any other suggestions?
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Well, I’m dealing with this now. Just heard a critter knocking around in front driver-side “fender” area. I’m going to try all these remedies. I started with dropping some Bounce dryer sheets in the frunk, and I’m going to do the peppermint essential oil sacks tomorrow. Mothballs around the parking area (outside) and under the car. Any other suggestions?
Buy a bunch of mouse traps and put them around the entire area, make the investment to rid them from your property. Repellents haven't been shown to work very effectively, most effect thing is to trap/kill them until the population declines.

McHeel88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Healthcare Finance
Country flag
Buy a bunch of mouse traps and put them around the entire area, make the investment to rid them from your property. Repellents haven't been shown to work very effectively, most effect thing is to trap/kill them until the population declines.
Yes I did this earlier too. I think this is a ground squirrel/chipmunk so I’m not sure a mouse trap is the answer.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
Lavender Oil. Spray the wheel wells. It repels all vermin.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Nothing like having to kill a bunch of animals to protect our “vegan” cars. ?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes I did this earlier too. I think this is a ground squirrel/chipmunk so I’m not sure a mouse trap is the answer.
Chipmunks are hole dwellers Squirrels not as much.

Parents leave their vehicle sit and a squirrel got up quite a few years ago under the hood with a nest and crewed quite a few expense wires. They started to use bounce and have not had the problem since? Not proof but may help. Reminds me to change mine out the sheets do not last forever.

DiyR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 XLT PB, '21 MME Select AWD
Ok - so add me to the list of owners who can confirm that rodents will chew your wires. Get the Lavender Odo Ban https://odoban.com/ - spray your cars now (according to my dealer). For the record - the car is driven 6 days a week at least twice a day. We need to pin this thread. The right most connector (driver side) to your battery is where it'll start. They can cozy up on the encapsulation panel and it's the most colorful exposed wiring. Symptoms for me were - passenger side doors stopped responding to proximity of the key. Then the doors stopped working altogether until it had to be towed as the 12v battery died. Pull the encapsulation panel and add more protection to that connector - one guy on another forum recommended metallic tape.

OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I recently purchased an 4oz bottle of peppermint oil on Amazon. It's cheaper than buying a watered-down "rodent repeller." I have a 2"x2" bag of tiny wood chips that I oil once a month. It seems to be working. Bonus that I can use the peppermint in my classroom to get rid of the teenager smell.

Ford Mustang Mach-E PSA: Watch for vermin. Rats - Mice - Squirrels 1647442742580
Ford Mustang Mach-E PSA: Watch for vermin. Rats - Mice - Squirrels 1647442968560

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Nothing like having to kill a bunch of animals to protect our “vegan” cars. ?
Counterpoint: I believe gray squirrels in the UK are an invasive species and crowd out (or flat out kill through disease transmission) native red squirrels. You're doing your local environment a favor by trapping those little nightmares!

(Can't help you if you live outside the UK though)
Sponsored