Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
Was your car built on or before 07-Jul-2021? The Pre-Collision Assist Not Available error might be related to the software and not this incident. If you're in the same boat as I am, I've been waiting for a few weeks for that update supposedly coming this month. You can see this thread.
It was—I was an end of March 21 build. However, based on the timing of it going south and the physical damage, they are saying that it is because of the impact. Thanks for posting this—I will keep it handy when having the repairs done.
Sponsored

MotownMachdoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
A few weeks ago I pulled into a parking spot at a local trailhead and lightly tapped the front lower bumper on a rock. It was so slight that I didn’t think anything about it until the next day when I saw my shutters looked funny. It turns out that I pushed the lower part in which broke the active shutters and caused the front radar to get screwed up. For the past few weeks I have been showing a Pre-Collision Assist Not Available error which means no cruise control ☹. The dealership quoted me $1,800 to fix it!!!

I put this post up as a PSA for others. Protect your front lowers as if they were very expensive to repair because they are! The picture below is A similar parking situation yesterday where I still was too close to the snow bank.

056AE947-2FCC-4667-9255-DC367F9FAD67.jpeg
Beware of concrete parking barricades that are secured with metal rods. If you get too close and the rod is protruding, the rod goes under your bumper and when you go in reverse the bumper is torn off. Happened to a previous car I owned. Would insurance cover repair? I don’t know.

Jbkimmel

First Name
Judson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
A somewhat related question - twice now after washing my MME, the front sensors have gone bonkers - sensing a frontal impact threat when I’m coming to a stop, with nothing in front of me. And then it goes away the next day.

I assume the water spray is messing with the sensors, which eventually dry out - but has anyone else had this problem? I tried searching previous threads and struck out.
Thanks.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Click on the car, then camera. Done. There is zero reason to hit something.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
A somewhat related question - twice now after washing my MME, the front sensors have gone bonkers - sensing a frontal impact threat when I’m coming to a stop, with nothing in front of me. And then it goes away the next day.

I assume the water spray is messing with the sensors, which eventually dry out - but has anyone else had this problem? I tried searching previous threads and struck out.
Thanks.
Hi there, Judson! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these front sensor concerns for you on my end. Thanks!
Sponsored