First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
Hi all,

Have any of you been able to change anything with your order after getting the order accepted? I saw a real world example of the space gray interior and I'm not as much of a fan as I thought I was from the images during the order. My dealership is telling me it can't be changed at this point. It's not a first edition or even a low order number.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Hi all,

Have any of you been able to change anything with your order after getting the order accepted? I saw a real world example of the space gray interior and I'm not as much of a fan as I thought I was from the images during the order. My dealership is telling me it can't be changed at this point. It's not a first edition or even a low order number.
The dealer should be able to change your order - they are the only ones that can change the order. My understanding is that your order can be changed up until its scheduled. I was able to change it in July via the dealer.

OP
OP
Ciero

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the reassurance. I went back and re-read the order FAQ and thankfully it has something about it in there. Sounds like they're just being unhelpful. I'll poke and prod some more.

9. Can I change or update my vehicle after I submit my order?

After ordering your vehicle, you will need to contact the Dealer to update or change your vehicle order.
Once you receive notification that your vehicle has been assigned for production (build/plan), no further changes can be made.

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Hi all,

Yes, I had my order changed by the dealer. It only took them a few minutes and they said it was quite easy. I then immediately got an email from Ford that my order was updated.

bprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red AWD
Country flag
I've literally changed my order from carbonized gray to space white to rapid red. I also changed my interior from light grey using the interior protection package to all black, no protection package (I too saw light grey and didn't like it). These many changes were all made separately. Some over the phone and some via email. If any dealer is giving you a hard time, insist on a sales manager or dealer manager.

As my sales manager said, with us not being able to see and test drive the car in advance, we can make as many changes as necessary until the VIN is generated.

Addendum: My order was originally placed at my dealer, not Ford.com.

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
My dealership is telling me it can't be changed at this point. It's not a first edition or even a low order number.
My dealer told me the same. He said my only option was to cancel my original order and resubmit, which put me at the back of the line. I think it was probably just an excuse because he didn't want the hassle.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Hi all,

If that's the case, then your dealer must have the VIN for your vehicle. Ask them for it... they won't have it, so now you both know they are lying about being able to change your order.

OP
OP
Ciero

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think it's more of they don't know what the heck they're doing with regards to the Mach E. They're waiting to hear back from their Ford rep now.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just yesterday my dealer added the technology package to my Select order. It is changeable at the moment, but won't be soon. Call Ford's 800 number and talk to somebody there about it.
Sponsored