Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-250 , Honda Crosstour, Rapid Red AWD ER 7/15/21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have not got the SPACCER kit yet. Still haven't gotten my MACH e yet. And I might canx and order a 2022. Doesn't make much sense to pay full price for a 2021, If it is delivered in 2022. And I put it in the garage until April anyway... And the 2022 gives me 10 more miles of range and better resale value.
When the time comes I think I am going to go with bigger tires for the winter and that should give me almost 6.5 inches. 235/55/R18s with Rims. Have been reading that with the sensors you shouldn't raise it more than one inch without adjusting the sensors.
Interested in seeing what you work out.
Thanks!
Update March 2022. The 235/55/R18s gave me good ground clearance for my driveway this winter. So at this point no need for a lift kit/SPACCER set up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Raising / lowering the Mach-E clearance 16C0CCAF-9633-44E7-84FA-0DBEC4D72423

tires: 225/60R-18 CONTINENTAL VIKINGCONTACT 7 XL
wheels: 18X8 SPORT EDITION A8-2 GLS BLACK
Sponsored

Last edited:

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I have not got the SPACCER kit yet. Still haven't gotten my MACH e yet. And I might canx and order a 2022. Doesn't make much sense to pay full price for a 2021, If it is delivered in 2022. And I put it in the garage until April anyway... And the 2022 gives me 10 more miles of range and better resale value.
When the time comes I think I am going to go with bigger tires for the winter and that should give me almost 6.5 inches. 235/55/R18s with Rims. Have been reading that with the sensors you shouldn't raise it more than one inch without adjusting the sensors.
Interested in seeing what you work out.
Thanks!
I’m not sure I buy the “have to adjust sensors after suspension lift” argument. I read that in earlier posts as well, but I’m pretty sure it’s bogus. You are more likely to throw off the programming by changing the tire size than with a body lift. Tire size affects speedometer accuracy and braking distances. Those two are inputs into the adaptive cruise control and other driver assist features. Lifting or lowering the body of the vehicle wouldn’t likely impact the system at all because they use cameras to monitor the lane markers and obstructions. Lane markers and obstructions don’t look significantly different from 2-3” higher off the ground. A 2-3” lift wouldn’t impede the vision enough to throw off the normal operating buffer, but a 15ft longer braking distance from 60mph could mean a collision - food for thought. Ride height and rake will change over time and based off of what’s loaded in the vehicle or even tire pressure. There would be constant issues if ride height needed to be perfect for those systems to work. I also just checked a few off-road forums - no issues on driver assist features on tacomas running 6”+ of ride height adjustments.