Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-250 , Honda Crosstour, Rapid Red AWD ER 7/15/21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok guys, Just got the call. Lowering springs are now in production and I should have them in about 4 weeks! Once on and I get some pics/drive time I can see if anyone else wants a set.
50 Deep,
Are you also looking at springs to raise ground clearance?
just looking for 1/2 to 1 inch.
Thanks!
Sponsored

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok, so I did not want to continue posting my spring project on Mike's thread https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-quite-low-enough-yet.8456/page-3#post-236178
so thought I would move it over here.

Because the springs I ordered from Terrance (50 Deep) were delayed with no ETA, I ordered GT springs for my Premium to lower it a bit. Also wanted to see what the difference would be in the ride. I posted this on Mike's thread if you want to see the difference between the front springs #35

I got the rear GT springs in this morning and installed them. As with the GT front springs, the GT rear springs are shorter than the Premium springs. Same metal thickness.

I no sooner get the springs installed and I get a call from Terrance that my lowering springs came in. I told him I am not doing anymore suspension work on this car as I am selling it (it is actually sold) when I get my GT/PE most likely in November. Terrance said he had several other Mach-E owners that wanted the springs so I was happy about that. The ones I ordered were 1" shorter. Terrance got his in which are 1.5" shorter and will be installing them later this week. Anxious to see how his car turns out.

After I drive around for a few days and let the car settle I will take some measurements but the front has dropped 1/2" from stock so I would assume the rear will do the same. Also curious in how the ride will be. So far the front is a little firmer.

Premium rear spring on the left, GT rear spring on the right.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Lowering Spring Development IMG_5673

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So after a couple of days of driving around with the GT springs, the car has dropped 1/2" as expected. The ride seems a bit smoother.

Last edited:

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 GT500, 17 GT350R, 15 GT3, 00 Lightning, 91 Fox
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
Well, the lowering springs FINALLY arrived.

Two sets of springs with the 1.5" drop, and one set with a 1" drop. Hopefully I will have my 1.5" drop springs on soon.

The others might be spoken for, but I will check.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
Gents,

The additional springs are in. I have two sets of 1" drop lowering springs available now, and one set of 1.5" springs available shortly.

Let me know who wants a set. Built to maintain the factory ride quality of the AWD E4X.

$575 each shipped.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
Finally got the Mach-Ete lowered!
It took me roughly 5 months to get this project from start to finish. I started with a 1.5" lowering concept. This would be enough drop to hunker the car down visually and not overwhelm the OEM shocks.
Two key factors were also considered. First was keeping the ride quality of OEM. The second factor was utility. Many will use thise cars to haul people, luggage, or a trip to costco. I made some adjustments to the rear spring to give a slight rake. This gives the car a litte more sport look, but most importatly keeps the rear from sagging when loaded down.
Took the car on a 200 mile trip the other day and it was great. I have two sets of 1" lowering springs on hand if anyone wants to snag them too.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Lowering Spring Development SV301S Mach E Lowered-12
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Lowering Spring Development SV301S Mach E Lowered-13
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Lowering Spring Development SV301S Mach E Lowered-14
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Lowering Spring Development SV301S Mach E Lowered-15
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Lowering Spring Development SV301S Mach E Lowered-16
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Lowering Spring Development SV301S Mach E Lowered-17
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Lowering Spring Development SV301S Mach E Lowered-18
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Lowering Spring Development SV301S Mach E Lowered-19
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Lowering Spring Development SV301S Mach E Lowered-20
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Lowering Spring Development SV301S Mach E Lowered-21
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Lowering Spring Development SV301S Mach E Lowered-22

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Your car looks awesome Terrance. I assume that is the 1.5” drop? Is the ride exactly the same? Is the bounce still there?

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
Your car looks awesome Terrance. I assume that is the 1.5” drop? Is the ride exactly the same? Is the bounce still there?
This is the 1.5". I have less bounce now than I did before. Car says more settled on pot holes or bumps in general. It would probably go really well with the GT shocks you installed.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
ok so I'm going to pretend I'm on Reddit and say EILI5 - explain it like I'm 5 years old.

you have springs to lower by 1.5" that you can also sell to others for $575 on an E4X that improved the ride a bit, is that right?

and the pictures are of the results of that specific set (there was a 1" set mentioned as well so I'm making sure I'm being very clear) with the stock wheels and tires?

and this is something a dealer can easily do on request with the parts?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
ok so I'm going to pretend I'm on Reddit and say EILI5 - explain it like I'm 5 years old.

you have springs to lower by 1.5" that you can also sell to others for $575 on an E4X that improved the ride a bit, is that right?

and the pictures are of the results of that specific set (there was a 1" set mentioned as well so I'm making sure I'm being very clear) with the stock wheels and tires?

and this is something a dealer can easily do on request with the parts?
If what I read was correct, these are custom springs. The dealer cannot do anything with them since they are not Ford parts.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
If what I read was correct, these are custom springs. The dealer cannot do anything with them since they are not Ford parts.
eh, dealers will do things with non-Ford parts, at least mine will, at an hourly rate, if previous custom Mustangs they have sold is any indication. I guess I should rephras the question as "someone who has a clue about what they are doing and is willing to can do it easily without taking half the car apart."

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
eh, dealers will do things with non-Ford parts, at least mine will, at an hourly rate, if previous custom Mustangs they have sold is any indication. I guess I should rephras the question as "someone who has a clue about what they are doing and is willing to can do it easily without taking half the car apart."
Well, considering that they are just springs, as long as they can get them there is no rocket science to the R&R. @markboris probably spent less than 3 hours in his driveway doing his own. Dealer should be able to knock them out in similar or less time.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I've installed springs and coilovers on several of my cars in the past. On NEW cars it can be fairly easy if you're mechanically inclined enough to be able to take something apart and put it back together again. BUT, you will be taking off a fair amount to get to the springs. You'll have to take off the brake calipers (or at least move them out of the way) take off the rotors and hub and release the shock tower, compress the spring to take apart the shock tower, replace springs and put everything back together again. It's not super hard, but there are things that can hem you up, like parts not wanting to come out easily or bolts that don't want to move.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.