RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I think people need more time to collect data. For me, temps are dropping so it's hard to do a controlled test. Plus, most of my drives are not long distance, so too many variables with traffic.

With about 520 miles since my OTA update, I am seeing low wh/mi, so it appears there's improvement but it's hard to say. Here's a screenshot of my commute cycle. Over the 520 miles, my wh/mi is around 242 (which includes 160 highway miles, 360 city) . Previously in late summer/ early Fall, 255 but the numbers may be skewed because I did a lot of 0-60 and quarter mile test runs when I bought a Dragy GPS and the acceleration boost upgrade.

20201120_114838.jpg
Range is stupid hard to predict. So many input variables. It's like your computer "progress" bar when doing an update or file copy, never really quite correct. More like guidance.

First shot on the Mach-E will be super conservative. Don't panic, it will be more like the Porsche Taycan, where is says 210 and you get 270 miles. The system is adaptive and will "learn" how to prediction range the more the vehicle is driven. Subsequent OTA will improve the learning process.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Range is stupid hard to predict. So many input variables. It's like your computer "progress" bar when doing an update or file copy, never really quite correct. More like guidance.
Luckily my daily commute is basically the same with little variability other than potential temp swings, but because I pre-condition and can monitor the battery pack temps from an app, I can eliminate one of the bigger factors.

Since I also have other vehicles I can use, I've been using the Tesla for the commute. Problem is, I just started working remotely again so I'm not driving.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Luckily my daily commute is basically the same with little variability other than potential temp swings, but because I pre-condition and can monitor the battery pack temps from an app, I can eliminate one of the bigger factors.

Since I also have other vehicles I can use, I've been using the Tesla for the commute. Problem is, I just started working remotely again so I'm not driving.
Did you purchase the 2,000 faster 0-to-60?

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yeah 0.5 seconds would help me merge better and totally worth $2k
30-70, 50-70 improvements?

You can usually spot the non-car enthusiasts in the group. Most don't realize how expensive it can be to get a gas engine 0.5s for under $2000. There are some cars that are equipped with turbos and decent sized injectors from the factory and all it takes is a manual boost controller and an exhaust, but most cars, you might trim off 0.2-0.3s for $2k.

I'll gladly spend the $2k to get the quarter mile down from 12.8 to 12.3. Dragy GPS screen shots attached. I've measured 3.90, 3.93, and 3.98 0-60 on crappy all-season tires (Continental ProContact RX). The 3.98 is the most recent run.
D
Ford Mustang Mach-E Range boost with OTA in future? 1606357639469
Ford Mustang Mach-E Range boost with OTA in future? 1606357693106

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag

You can usually spot the non-car enthusiasts in the group. Most don't realize how expensive it can be to get a gas engine 0.5s for under $2000. There are some cars that are equipped with turbos and decent sized injectors from the factory and all it takes is a manual boost controller and an exhaust, but most cars, you might trim off 0.2-0.3s for $2k.

I'll gladly spend the $2k to get the quarter mile down from 12.8 to 12.3. Dragy GPS screen shots attached. I've measured 3.90, 3.93, and 3.98 0-60 on crappy all-season tires (Continental ProContact RX). The 3.98 is the most recent run.
D
Okay, if I was racing and making money then I could see it being worth every penny.
if I'm going to work or get groceries I wouldn't say so.

what do you think of the start/on button?

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Okay, if I was racing and making money then I could see it being worth every penny.
if I'm going to work or get groceries I wouldn't say so.

what do you think of the start/on button?
Cool, that's your view. I don't judge anyone here for their choices. My money, I can do as I please. Keep it on topic, this isn't about the acceleration upgrade.

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag
Cool, that's your view. I don't judge anyone here for their choices. My money, I can do as I please. Keep it on topic, this isn't about the acceleration upgrade.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Range boost with OTA in future? 1606361186495

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

D
I am a car enthusiast. However, losing .5 seconds for a car that is already adequately quick for me is not a factor in my car enthusiasm. I suspect there are others who find factors other than just 0-60 time to be very important to their enthusiasm level.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
No, but the Tesla fan boys go crazy over it.
Then let's not fall into that trap. Honestly, I've been driving hybrids and EV's for 13 years now. I've played the range games with each, enticed by UI's that lead me down that path. The thing I most want from the MachE is a car that I enjoy driving as I please, temperature, mileage and range be damned.
Sponsored