DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
In my Premium AWD Extended range I am seeing lower than expected estimated range. I only have 100 miles on the car, do I need to clear something to get a better estimate?

Thanks,

David

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range Display 1614079564707

Found this from another post..

Effective Jan 26 2021
SSM 49491 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - Reset The Driver History Settings Prior To Delivering A New Vehicle To The Customer

2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles should have the vehicle's driver history settings reset during vehicle delivery to the customer. This will make sure that the estimated driving range and charge level readings are accurate for the customer. To reset the vehicle's driver history settings, go to the home screen and tap the vehicle icon in the top left corner, then tap Settings > Vehicle > EV Driving History Reset.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2021 CAR: GW CX727N C-EV
Sponsored

Last edited:

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If its been cold where you're at, that is why.

I picked mine up 2 weeks ago. It was 1F outside and at 100% charge the range meter was showing 140 miles. The car has to use energy from the battery to keep the battery warm, and keep the cabin warm.

The last 2 days we've started to warm up here and i'm already up to 200 miles on a 100% charge. So as it warms up more the range will go up as well.

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
We did a 255 mile trip in ours yesterday and were spending lots of time watching that number as well as our average efficiency. The car has a “low battery warning”, a notification that is user configurable. The default value is 50 miles, though I had bumped mine down to 30 miles (the other option is 20 miles). Based on the range numbers, battery percentage, and energy usage numbers I was seeing, I’m pretty sure the advertised range remaining is the number of miles left until it reaches that “low battery warning” point, NOT the number of miles until the battery is empty. I didn’t get to test this as we were also testing chargers along the route so the battery ended up at 25% at the end, and never hit a “30 miles remaining” to see if the warning came on at that point. But it’s the only explanation that seemed to make sense.

Reactions: DBC

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
From Florida...

PXL_20210223_133349906.jpg

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

OP
OP

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
If its been cold where you're at, that is why.

I picked mine up 2 weeks ago. It was 1F outside and at 100% charge the range meter was showing 140 miles. The car has to use energy from the battery to keep the battery warm, and keep the cabin warm.

The last 2 days we've started to warm up here and i'm already up to 200 miles on a 100% charge. So as it warms up more the range will go up as well.
Today should be a high of 62 in KC so hopefully my numbers will come up. I'll take a look at the battery warning level and see if I can lower it down to 30 miles.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Today should be a high of 62 in KC so hopefully my numbers will come up. I'll take a look at the battery warning level and see if I can lower it down to 30 miles.
Don't be surprised if they don't come up right away. I think the only way to get it to jump up would be to reset your driving history again once you're in warm temps. Mine has slowly been creeping up over the last 4 days. Every time I take it out and drive, and then re-charge it shows a higher range.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Don't fuss too much about the range estimate. It's just an estimate and seems very pessimistic. It will also take a while before incorporating your actual range into the estimate. There is likely a long term driving history which takes a long time to reset. You wouldn't want the range estimate to be that heavily weighted to the last couple of hundred miles of driving. So it will take a while.

At the end of the day your range is your range. The estimate of your range doesn't matter. And better to have a longer range than estimated. Kinda the equivalent of setting a clock a few minutes fast.

Based on the range numbers, battery percentage, and energy usage numbers I was seeing, I’m pretty sure the advertised range remaining is the number of miles left until it reaches that “low battery warning” point, NOT the number of miles until the battery is empty.
Interesting idea. That would provide an accurate range for me. I guess the test would be to set it higher. See the estimated range. Then set it lower and see what shakes out.
Sponsored