Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Taurus
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
Biggest keys. OTA Updates free and include all systems from what it sounded like. Will include Ford Home Charger. And most importantly...the clown nose is deleted from the GT and get a more aggressive black grille!!

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Sharing this from Car & Driver:

Speaking of Tesla, what about an Autopilot equivalent? Ford engineers said the Mach-E will soon have what they are calling Level 2.5 autonomy. The top trim levels have all the hardware to support hands-free highway driving at launch, but the feature will not be available yet; it's supposedly coming in one of the first major over-the-air updates for them. The base Select trim level will only have active lane-keeping assist, not the full suite of driver-assistance features.

OP
OP
Dmcerm

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Well. Then this is it then folks.
I had a deposit on a 3 but refunded it to wait for the Model Y... then my beloved Blue Oval released the Mach-E on 11-17-19 and managed to change my mind and where my dollars will be spent!
People talk of the "Tesla Stretch" where in reality they buy more car than they can handle just to have a Tesla... well I will be doing the Mach-E Stretch and while I may not be able to stretch all the way for the GT, 'settling' for the Premium with LR/AWD will be an amazing vehicle for sure.
I just can't believe Ford did such a great job (I mean, I can believe it but...) they did not take branding this a Mustang lightly, they really went all in and quite frankly with their partnership with Electrify America, and owners mostly charging at home 80% (I think it's even higher than that) of the time, with education and advocates luke are in this communuty, the Mach-E WILL take *some* sales from Model Y but it will be the Ford/Mustang Faithful who will buy this car as a step into the future... a gas Mustang of any era, parked snuggly alongside a Mach-E in the same garage will become a common sight and hashtag on social media in the coming years.
I know I am looking forward to my 2012 GT being pictured next to our Mach-E.

What a time to be alive!!!

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Well. Then this is it then folks.
I had a deposit on a 3 but refunded it to wait for the Model Y... then my beloved Blue Oval released the Mach-E on 11-17-19 and managed to change my mind and where my dollars will be spent!
People talk of the "Tesla Stretch" where in reality they buy more car than they can handle just to have a Tesla... well I will be doing the Mach-E Stretch and while I may not be able to stretch all the way for the GT, 'settling' for the Premium with LR/AWD will be an amazing vehicle for sure.
I just can't believe Ford did such a great job (I mean, I can believe it but...) they did not take branding this a Mustang lightly, they really went all in and quite frankly with their partnership with Electrify America, and owners mostly charging at home 80% (I think it's even higher than that) of the time, with education and advocates luke are in this communuty, the Mach-E WILL take *some* sales from Model Y but it will be the Ford/Mustang Faithful who will buy this car as a step into the future... a gas Mustang of any era, parked snuggly alongside a Mach-E in the same garage will become a common sight and hashtag on social media in the coming years.
I know I am looking forward to my 2012 GT being pictured next to our Mach-E.

What a time to be alive!!!
I'm actually considering the M3 because I don't have to wait about a year to get it. Though, the lack of a hatchback must be an inconvenience. One thing that I keep thinking about is the AWD LR Tesla is quicker than all the Mach-e except the GT, has more range and has the Supercharger Network. I can take a Tesla to Electrify America stations but you cant take a Ford to the Tesla stations. The Price doesn't seem much less for the Ford.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I'm actually considering the M3 because I don't have to wait about a year to get it. Though, the lack of a hatchback must be an inconvenience. One thing that I keep thinking about is the AWD LR Tesla is quicker than all the Mach-e except the GT, has more range and has the Supercharger Network. I can take a Tesla to Electrify America stations but you cant take a Ford to the Tesla stations. The Price doesn't seem much less for the Ford.
I was thinking some of the same thoughts. A few things that swayed me:

-The Ford has more interior seating space
- Apple CarPlay (I use Apple Music for my music needs)
- Dealership network and ease of repairs (read that 95% of Mach E parts will be available in 24 hours.). I know some Tesla owners may have to wait a month or more to get certain things repaired (probably more accident repairs).
- Exterior styling (I know this is subjective)
- Not sure how stable of a company Tesla is long term (I know they have had some financial troubles) and would hate that to impact service availability and resale values.
- I like having the additional display behind the steering wheel with speed and such.
- I have heard the interior in the Mach E is a bit nicer.

That being said, I think Tesla makes a great product. If performance per dollar (range and 0-60) and immediate availability are your primary concerns, the model 3 is probably the way to go. If my current vehicle was totaled today, and I had an immediate need, I’d probably make the same decision. I just figured I’d share some of the thoughts I had on the same issue.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
I was thinking some of the same thoughts. A few things that swayed me:

-The Ford has more interior seating space
- Apple CarPlay (I use Apple Music for my music needs)
- Dealership network and ease of repairs (read that 95% of Mach E parts will be available in 24 hours.). I know some Tesla owners may have to wait a month or more to get certain things repaired (probably more accident repairs).
- Exterior styling (I know this is subjective)
- Not sure how stable of a company Tesla is long term (I know they have had some financial troubles) and would hate that to impact service availability and resale values.
- I like having the additional display behind the steering wheel with speed and such.
- I have heard the interior in the Mach E is a bit nicer.

That being said, I think Tesla makes a great product. If performance per dollar (range and 0-60) and immediate availability are your primary concerns, the model 3 is probably the way to go. If my current vehicle was totaled today, and I had an immediate need, I’d probably make the same decision. I just figured I’d share some of the thoughts I had on the same issue.
I haven't bought anything yet and I hope I can see the Mach-e at the San Francisco auto show two weeks from now. I live in Fremont so service around here is near by. There are rework shops here and there and some of the local body shops get in on special projects.

The Mach-e interior might be nicer. I hope I can make that comparison at the auto show. Tesla is going to have a lot of displays this time including modified cars.

Company stability, well I suppose at some point the TSLA stock could crash because it is so speculative with the stock price. Worst case, its acquired just like what happened in the early 1900's with so many car companies and put down to gain market share. Believe me though, the politics on Tesla as a technology disruptor is huge.

I doubled my money on TSLA and stopped holding it just as they began producing a profit. I would have made four times more if I had held.

OP
OP
Dmcerm

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I agree with what you said... Tesla's prowess... no, literal dominance in batteries is a clear and present hole in the Mach-E and will be with any other EV that comes out... however, I am not ashamed to say, and anyone can ask my friends and colleagues, I was only considering a Tesla of the 3/Y platform due to the 'lower, more affordable' price as compared with the S and X, because over the last two years, as I became a real believer in the technology that Tesla made real, fun and possible to own... but mainly because Ford did not have a viable option, until last night.

At this point, I am un-apologetically going with Ford, as a die-hard fan, as a shareholder and as a person who wants to support the company that has employed my cousin as an engineer for over 20 years, as a company that avoided taking bailout money from the federal government when it was all to easy to do so, who leveraged the Ford logo, literally, to bring money into their company during dire straights and who made real sacrifices but also began producing better cars, because I trust my family's safety in all FoMoCo vehicles, because there is a 2012 GT Mustang in garage right now that has never let me down and has kept running since new for merely pennies on the dollar each year... despite the batteries not being quite as good as Tesla, the entire package has me hooked. And since it's 'my company' I am willing to deal with a little less in some areas, to put my money where my principles are.

I can't say enough how happy I am with Ford and the entire team from the top down... I know, this is a bit of a FanBoy rant, but as of two years ago, when I had a thousand bucks down to reserve a Model 3, then when I took the refund to wait for the Y, there was no Ford option and now there is in such a compelling and amazing way.

jaredhimself

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F-150, 2014 Ford Fusion, 2021 Mustang Mach-E (First Edition Reserved)
Occupation
Developer/Designer
Country flag
Now this is amazing. And it's a video that's just 20 minutes old. Looks like new on road video and nice interior shots as well as a demonstration of the door opening mechanisms.
Roadshow overview of Mach-E
Here's another that shows a good look at the rear turn signals in action (needs work obviously) and user interface shots:

OP
OP
Dmcerm

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I haven't bought anything yet and I hope I can see the Mach-e at the San Francisco auto show two weeks from now. I live in Fremont so service around here is near by. There are rework shops here and there and some of the local body shops get in on special projects.

The Mach-e interior might be nicer. I hope I can make that comparison at the auto show. Tesla is going to have a lot of displays this time including modified cars.

Company stability, well I suppose at some point the TSLA stock could crash because it is so speculative with the stock price. Worst case, its acquired just like what happened in the early 1900's with so many car companies and put down to gain market share. Believe me though, the politics on Tesla as a technology disruptor is huge.

I doubled my money on TSLA and stopped holding it just as they began producing a profit. I would have made four times more if I had held.
Absolutely. Time will tell. Ford would not jeopardize the Mustang marque and do the M-E half-a**ed but we will all have to just wait to see them out and about.

I bought TSLA, I own just 10 shares, just because I 'wanted to be a part' of such a disrupting company... they have proven their tech and battery supply chain and innovation, AutoPilot computer/processor (see the Sandy Monroe video where he likens the Tesla circuit board to something out of an F-22 Raptor Jet Fighter) and the whole spectrum of stuff in their cars... and I cannot agree more, their role as a disruptor is real and the why I will be holding onto my 10 little shares for my entire life, regardless what happens.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
When I buy a Mach E I'm not buying it to be a race car so 0-60 in 3 seconds doesn't mean a lot to me. All tough I do want a car that is fun to drive and I know the Mach E will be. I am buying to lessen my dependents on the gas pump and save some money on all aspects of ICE ownership. I can't wait for the adventure to begin.

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
No car built in the USA is 100% US made
Probably true. But it depends on how far you take this. If you include all aspects of the vehicle, e.g., design staff, engineering staff, test centers, parts, origin of material that make up the parts, assemble, suppliers to the parts, etc. ... well, yea, that's just about any major US company making any product. If we're talking an auto manufacturer headquartered and assembled, I can see that changing. E.g. RIvian is HQ'd in Plymouth, MI and will assemble their EVs (along with Amazon and Ford EVs) out of their Normal, IL plant.
Sponsored