First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
Hi all,

Mach-E Select, no power lift gate nor kick release.

Before today, if my Mustang was locked and I approached it with my fob in my pocket, the approach lights would come on and I could open the rear hatch using the button below the hatch that would release it.

Today, I walked towards my Mustang, the approach lights came on, I pushed the button on the hatch and it would NOT release. It wouldn't release unless I actually unlocked the car with my fob or opened one of the other doors. I've tried moving closer thinking it might not be detecting the fob, but no release. The yellow lights would flash once everytime I hit the release button on the hatch.

Any thoughts on what is going on?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hi all,

Mach-E Select, no power lift gate nor kick release.

Before today, if my Mustang was locked and I approached it with my fob in my pocket, the approach lights would come on and I could open the rear hatch using the button below the hatch that would release it.

Today, I walked towards my Mustang, the approach lights came on, I pushed the button on the hatch and it would NOT release. It wouldn't release unless I actually unlocked the car with my fob or opened one of the other doors. I've tried moving closer thinking it might not be detecting the fob, but no release. The yellow lights would flash once everytime I hit the release button on the hatch.

Any thoughts on what is going on?
Start the car. Turn the car off. Check back tomorrow. Sometimes the gremlins get bored and make something like this act weird. Fortunately, the gremlins usually have a short attention span. If the problem persists, your dealer may need to update a module (warranty work).

OP
OP
kirkus02

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Start the car. Turn the car off. Check back tomorrow. Sometimes the gremlins get bored and make something like this act weird. Fortunately, the gremlins usually have a short attention span. If the problem persists, your dealer may need to update a module (warranty work).
I'll give it a try and report back! :)

OP
OP
kirkus02

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And we're back. It's not annoying enough to rush to a dealership. I'll wait until I go in for the 10k service.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I'd ask for a RFA module update when you go in.