Rear Hatch Issues

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
For anyone interested or suffering from the same problem...the ultimate resolution after a week at the dealership was to replace the two motors that drive the liftgate. Seems to be working fine. Just picked her up an hour or so ago and have used the liftgate a few times in the process. Will report back if errors still occur but hopefully this is the end of that.
That's great news! I definitely prefer it being a mechanical problem than user error! Hope it stays working steady for you. Make sure you verify that the hands free option is still working, too.
Sponsored

kronstein

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2020 Explorer ST
Country flag
@Neil4Real, can you please post the paperwork that dealer gave you, I’m having a slightly different issue with the liftgate when it opens but gives you and error chime even the hatch is fully open. Also sometimes it ignores the press of the button on the hatch and won’t close it.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
@Neil4Real, can you please post the paperwork that dealer gave you, I’m having a slightly different issue with the liftgate when it opens but gives you and error chime even the hatch is fully open. Also sometimes it ignores the press of the button on the hatch and won’t close it.
I think you mean @DRuth086 I have not had issues with my lift gate.

OP
OP
DRuth086

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 2021 Mach-E AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
I think you mean @DRuth086 I have not had issues with my lift gate.
I wouldn't have any of that paperwork any longer. All I can tell you is that they replaced one of the motors that operated the gate and it fixed the issue. Apologies.

kronstein

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2020 Explorer ST
Country flag
I wouldn't have any of that paperwork any longer. All I can tell you is that they replaced one of the motors that operated the gate and it fixed the issue. Apologies.
Got it, Thanks!
Sponsored