Rear lift gate not unlocking sometimes. Anybody else have this issue?

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I am not sure if I'm facing a software problem or a mechanical one. Sending out feelers in case anybody else has seen the same.

Recently I've been encountering situations where upon unlocking the vehicle (usually by PaaK, but sometimes also by door key code), all the passenger doors unlock and can be opened but the rear lift gate remains locked. When I hit the lift gate power open button at the bottom, I hear a small click where it sounds like the gate tries to open but can't because it's still locked. This is now occurring roughly 30% of the time I try to unlock the vehicle and open the rear lift gate.

Hitting the unlock buttons whether on the phone or from inside the driver/passenger doors does not seem to unlock the lift gate lock. The only thing that works at this point is to lock the vehicle, and then to hit the unlock button again. Occasionally it takes a few cycles.

I worry that this is mechanical and that I need to take my vehicle in for service.

The only thing that makes me wonder if it's software is because it seemed to start only after I got the 23-PU0110RAD-PS update a few weeks ago.
Sponsored