Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mustang Mach E Select
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Country flag
Hi Everyone.

Sorry if this has been discussed. I've had my 21' Mach E Select AWD for a few months now. A neighbor told me that my reverse lights don't come on when I'm backing out of my driveway. Is there a way to turn them on?
Sponsored

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Reverse is bottom middle / was your neighbor not able to see the lower part of your car?
You were in reverse and not just rolling out correct?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear Reverse/Back Up Lights 77DFDC8A-FF1B-4FDB-98E7-8371831DF329

OP
OP
Cool Papa B

Cool Papa B

First Name
Oyebadejo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mustang Mach E Select
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Country flag
Reverse is bottom middle / was your neighbor not able to see the lower part of your car?
You were in reverse and not just rolling out correct?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear Reverse/Back Up Lights 77DFDC8A-FF1B-4FDB-98E7-8371831DF329
I was definitely reversing out. Not rolling out. Maybe he didn't see it. Is it possible that I had mine turned off, or there is no option for that?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You cannot turn them off.

Back up to garage door at night and you will see them. Or, just put it in reverse at night.

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I think it’s because its location is not familiar. It threw me off at first too. Enjoy your car, pass your new knowledge on to your neighbor. 😊
@Polar, ❤ your car’s color with the stripes.👍

Fordmaybe

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No ford yet
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Set up your phone pointing ar back of car press record get in car put in reverse. Review the video

geomarynus

First Name
Manoj George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (B1 Certifier)
Country flag
It happened to me too a while ago. When I was reversing during the night time a guy from another car behind came and told me that my reverse light is not working. I guess because of the position in which it is located sometimes not easy to see unless you are familiar with it. I read somewhere that it was located to give enough downward lighting for the reverse camera. But I feel it is a safety aspect as a normal pedestrian or someone behind you unable to see the light means you have to be extra careful while reversing the Mach E. It would be good if Ford could do something about it. Maybe any of the Tail light/Signal Light turns white on the reverse with a software upgrade could eliminate this issue. Not sure how practical it is. An opinion from everyone may reach Ford and may do something about it. Thanks.
Below is a discussion on a similar incident
Sponsored