Recent build experience: lead times, ETA for select states and some observations

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I am part of the 5/16 build gang, a total of 26 members who shared their experiences during the build process. The build dates for this group started on Friday 5/20 and ended around 5/25 - 5/26. I compiled as many datapoints as I had access to in the following table. Thought the data might come handy for those awaiting their vehicle build soon...especially next 3-4 weeks as info will be obsolete beyond a certain point.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Recent build experience: lead times, ETA for select states and some observations 1653747130380

A few thoughts we concluded through this process (non-exhaustive, based on actual experience and not to be taken as hard and fast rules (there are none!!)):
  • VIN became available ~5-7 days before scheduled build start date
  • Actual build didn't follow the sequence within production batches, batches were generally produced in order but some vehicles were skipped (or appeared so due to losing visibility or members not reporting frequently)
  • Module activation data was a good leading indicator for build status and corresponded quite well to 'in production' dates
  • VVR info predicting future events were not very accurate, but provided valuable info about past events
  • As you'd expect, dealer communication was a hit or miss, mostly miss
  • Ford customer service reps were incredibly helpful when they had info to share and courteous throughout the process...I personally had better luck with calls vs chat
Good luck to all of you as you get through this important milestone!!
Sponsored