dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
I've been reading about folks that have bought jump packs for the 12v battery jumps, and surprisingly didn't see a thread yet around the best one to get! I've heard not all jump packs can work with a MME and curious to hear what brand / spec jump pack folks here recommend.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Where do you keep these? Are they intended in situations where the car won't start but the doors still have enough residual juice to unlock?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Where do you keep these? Are they intended in situations where the car won't start but the doors still have enough residual juice to unlock?
I keep it under the cargo floor in the trunk. I know that I won't have access to it if the LVB dies and the doors won't open, but I also have them in my wife's and son's cars so they can come and rescue me if that ever happens.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I am a firm believer in NOCO products. Well priced, great quality.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I keep it under the cargo floor in the trunk. I know that I won't have access to it if the LVB dies and the doors won't open, but I also have them in my wife's and son's cars so they can come and rescue me if that ever happens.
I do exactly the same as this. ^^^

It is possible for the LVB to allow the doors to open but yet not enough power to start the vehicle so there always is a chance that you might be able to get to the jump pack in the car. (wishful thinking for sure...)

EDIT:
I use one similar to this:
https://www.amazon.com/GOOLOO-Starter-GE1200-18000mAh-Portable/dp/B092M62DG1?th=1

It has a little boost button that I think works like @generaltso recommends. (provides power even if a battery isn't present). I should test that out for certain though...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Recommended jump packs? 1645199166544

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
Thanks all! Sounds like a NOCO it is ?

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
I do have some questions about how to deal with road side emergency with the MME regarding the 12V battery. Sorry if these questions are stupid:

* Suppose the 12V drained and you still have HVB charge, you can apply 12V to the front bumper cables to open the truck, give a bit of a charge to the batter and hopefully be able to turn on the car and start charging the 12V battery again. Is that correct?

* In case the 12V battery is dead and not accepting new charge, my next stop should be a auto part store and try to get the same battery (which I've heard is not a common one), or get a battery in the frunk cargo connected with jumper cables until you get the correct one. Would that be the correct way? Assuming tow is not an option at the moment.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I do have some questions about how to deal with road side emergency with the MME regarding the 12V battery. Sorry if these questions are stupid:

* Suppose the 12V drained and you still have HVB charge, you can apply 12V to the front bumper cables to open the truck, give a bit of a charge to the batter and hopefully be able to turn on the car and start charging the 12V battery again. Is that correct?

* In case the 12V battery is dead and not accepting new charge, my next stop should be a auto part store and try to get the same battery (which I've heard is not a common one), or get a battery in the frunk cargo connected with jumper cables until you get the correct one. Would that be the correct way? Assuming tow is not an option at the moment.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Your understanding is correct. The goal is to gain access to the 12v battery and somehow restore system voltage to a satisfactory level so the modules power up. At that point then the HVB can begin maintaining (charging) the LVB and presumably the vehicle should operate.

Exceptions being a LVB that does not accept a charge in any fashion or fails in such a way as to cause a direct short then you really have no choice but to remove it from the system and find a suitable replacement.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
I am a firm believer in NOCO products. Well priced, great quality.
Meh, my noco jump pack crapped out after 2years. It probably has enough capacity for the MME but definitely can’t jump a car anymore.
Very common issue. The only solution is to not leave them fully charged but then it’s worthless for a quick jump.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
So when would you use it? Does it have a use other than when the 12V battery is dead?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So when would you use it? Does it have a use other than when the 12V battery is dead?
They have USB ports to charge electronic devices as well, but I’ve only ever used them to jump start cars (not usually mine).
Sponsored