Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e first edition,
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
Anyone else having this issue ?

I've cut the power and turned it on again and get the red light again.

Would this be the recall issue for the ford connected charger ?
Sponsored

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Anyone else having this issue ?

I've cut the power and turned it on again and get the red light again.

Would this be the recall issue for the ford connected charger ?
Is it a solid red or blinking red. From the manual...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Red light on ford connected charger 1618344021238

https://owner.ford.com/ownerlibs/co...ected_Charge_Station_Operation_manual_SAE.pdf

If it's blinking, your ground is probably installed incorrectly. If solid, there might be something wrong with the charger.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...arge-station-stop-sell-order.3586/post-112507
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...arge-station-stop-sell-order.3586/post-114711
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...arge-station-stop-sell-order.3586/post-115791

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
From the manual addendum: during WiFi configuration a RED HMI pattern can be displayed for 3 minutes due to a new software update.
This is not a malfunction.
I would cycle power, wait 5 minutes, then see if it goes through the normal power sequence.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Mine bricked after 3 days, solid red.

OP
OP

Chrislee

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
Solid red after a couple times of flipping the breaker.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Solid red after a couple times of flipping the breaker.
Sounds like it’s time to get an RMA number or whatever the process is

OP
OP

Chrislee

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
This something I just call the dealership to start this process ?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This something I just call the dealership to start this process ?
Yes the dealer can help.

I think they are just giving refunds at this point but maybe there is an updated one now.

Burben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce, MME First Edition
Occupation
ATC
Country flag
Same here... solid red after less than an hour.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I really feel like these Ford Connected chargers are just a ticking time bomb (in that they'll die, not explode). I still don't really understand the appeal of having a Ford branded charger. I know people have said that they like having the management all in one app, but now that we know how much of a mess the FordPass app is, I don't think that's necessarily an advantage. And if the Ford charger can't even show basic information like power draw, it really does seem to be inferior to a lot of other options out there that are cheaper.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I really feel like these Ford Connected chargers are just a ticking time bomb (in that they'll die, not explode). I still don't really understand the appeal of having a Ford branded charger. I know people have said that they like having the management all in one app, but now that we know how much of a mess the FordPass app is, I don't think that's necessarily an advantage. And if the Ford charger can't even show basic information like power draw, it really does seem to be inferior to a lot of other options out there that are cheaper.
Some people prefer an all in one solution. I am totally new to EVs. When I made the purchase of my car, part of my thinking was that, just like other devices, car manufacturers may prefer that you not use 3rd party chargers.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
for some folks, it's theoretical piece of mind, knowing that it's "all from one place."

it's fair to hope that FordPass will continue to improve...

and if you could buy one and roll it up with your car purchase, it can be a small amount on a monthly payment (noise basically) which doesn't feel as bad as "oh great another $400 plus installation" or whatever.

you have to think about it as a normal person buying their first plug-in vehicle, not someone buying their second or third or fourth, and not someone that reads this forum but instead thinks The Verge is a good news source. for those people, a Ford branded charger makes sense. They might not even know about how easily obtained compatible chargers are - heck, they might not even know to look for one. and a normal person in that situation won't really care at all about power drain values or anything like that - they will only care about "when will my car be full?" and that's really it. telling them the car is drawing 20A, 32A, 40A, or 48A is just nerdy nonsense. "so what? I just want to know when it will be done. Will it be done by the time I leave in the morning? good enough!"

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Some people prefer an all in one solution. I am totally new to EVs. When I made the purchase of my car, part of my thinking was that, just like other devices, car manufacturers may prefer that you not use 3rd party chargers.
Except Ford didn't make this charger. A 3rd party company did. Ford just put it's logo on it. Also, if you ever charge outside of home, you're using 3rd party charger. Ford should have done what most other manufacturers do and simply provide a convenience cord, as they already do and a recommendation for a wall charger. Instead they created this headache for themselves that they did not need.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag