Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
If my car is still plugged in to my charger from overnight charging, is there any difference between remote starting it about 5-10 minutes before setting out in the morning and using a set pre-conditioning time? I don’t like being held to a rigid daily schedule.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
If my car is still plugged in to my charger from overnight charging, is there any difference between remote starting it about 5-10 minutes before setting out in the morning and using a set pre-conditioning time? I don’t like being held to a rigid daily schedule.
Aside from battery reconditioning. Also, I don’t see any way to set more options for what the climate controls do for remote start. There are more climate options when you do departure times.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Well, I’m not sure how important battery preconditioning would be for my arduous 1 mile commute to Starbucks in the morning when I’m WFH, or my truly nightmarish 24 mile commute to the office on those days I have to go into town.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Yeah. The consensus seems to be that it doesn't make a difference unless you're going on a long trip, in which case it will definitely spare a few miles of range that would otherwise go toward heating the pack while you drive.

Remote Start apparently does nothing for the battery; though I wish it did, if for no other reason then to make me feel like I'm doing something to treat my battery right. :)
Sponsored