Vinstang

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '22 Premium ER AWD
Country flag
The standard air bag safety warning stickers on the two front sun visors were bothering me, so I went ahead and removed them. Voila!

I first tried what most tutorials suggested, which was to soak the stickers in isopropyl alcohol for several minutes. However, I found that didn't work to remove the stickers at all. It just made it possible to rub off the ink from the sticker, which wasn't my goal. I got the same lack of result with nail polish remover (acetone).

I then tried the hairdryer approach, and that did the trick. It took about half an hour of tedious and tiring work gradually heating up the sticker to soften up the adhesive and peeling back one millimeter of the sticker at a time, but it worked. I found an outlet to use, put the hairdryer on high heat, focused it on one edge of the sticker for about ten seconds, paused to peel back a bit of the sticker, and repeated. There's a little bit of visible residue left over that I couldn't remove with isopropyl alcohol, nail polish remover, or Windex, which I might try Goo Gone on later to fully remove. However, I'm still happy with the result as-is, so now my pretty Mach-E interior isn't marred by the bright warning stickers. :D

Just figured I'd post here in case someone else is looking for the best technique to remove these stickers from their Mach-E. Most of the other guides I've found are for a different sun visor material, and it seems to me like only the hairdryer approach works for the Mach-E.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Removing sun visor warning stickers visor-left-before

Ford Mustang Mach-E Removing sun visor warning stickers visor-left-after
Ford Mustang Mach-E Removing sun visor warning stickers visor-right-after

Ford Mustang Mach-E Removing sun visor warning stickers visors-both-after

Last edited:

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
The standard air bag safety warning stickers on the two front sun visors were bothering me, so I went ahead and removed them. Voila!

I first tried what most tutorials suggested, which was to soak the stickers in isopropyl alcohol for several minutes. However, I found that didn't work to remove the stickers at all. It just made it possible to rub off the ink from the sticker, which wasn't my goal. I got the same lack of result with nail polish remover (acetone).

I then tried the hairdryer approach, and that did the trick. It took about half an hour of tedious and tiring work gradually heating up the sticker to soften up the adhesive and peeling back one millimeter of the sticker at a time, but it worked. I found an outlet to use, put the hairdryer on high heat, focused it on one edge of the sticker for about ten seconds, paused to peel back a bit of the sticker, and repeated. There's a little bit of visible residue left over that I couldn't remove with isopropyl alcohol, nail polish remover, or Windex, which I might try Goo Gone on later to fully remove. However, I'm still happy with the result as-is, so now my pretty Mach-E interior isn't marred by the bright warning stickers. :D

Just figured I'd post here in case someone else is looking for the best technique to remove these stickers from their Mach-E. Most of the other guides I've found are for a different sun visor material, and only the hairdryer approach works for us.

Welp, there goes $10K in future trade in value. 😂😉

OP
OP

Vinstang

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '22 Premium ER AWD
Country flag
For others' reference, here's another post about removing the stickers:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/removing-visor-warning-stickers.15938/

This is kinda weird timing because this question just came up 5 days ago, too.
Oh, thanks for the link! Heh, I searched online and on this forum for any advice about removing these stickers specifically on the Mach-E last weekend and didn't find anything. But I guess it still ended up working out well enough in my case to use a hairdryer without bothering to detach the visors from the car instead of that thread's more professional instructions. :p I'll have to try being more patient with the rubbing alcohol to remove the final residue, though, so that post helps explain that.

Welp, there goes $10K in future trade in value. 😂😉
Oh, uh.. Is that actually a concern? D: I realize that's a joke, but now I guess it could make sense that a dealer might not be able to resell the car if it's missing some warnings? Well, worst case I could find and apply a replacement sticker when I eventually get rid of my beloved Mach-E in many years.
Sponsored