NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
They are not constant, but several times per week I’m getting charge fault notifications which on my new GT which then stops charging. It’s not the Ford Mobile charger I’m using because it’s the car which shuts it off. The light on the charger is still Blue, but the car charging indicator inside the flap is not lit up. All I have to do is unplug it and plug it back in and the car starts charging again. Never had this issue with my First Edition. Anyone know what this is indicative of? I know a lot about electric cars, but not battery tech. Never had issues like this with my Tesla, Volts or Outlander PhEVs though. Can my dealer get me more info on the issue?
Sponsored

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
They are not constant, but several times per week I’m getting charge fault notifications which on my new GT which then stops charging. It’s not the Ford Mobile charger I’m using because it’s the car which shuts it off. The light on the charger is still Blue, but the car charging indicator inside the flap is not lit up. All I have to do is unplug it and plug it back in and the car starts charging again. Never had this issue with my First Edition. Anyone know what this is indicative of? I know a lot about electric cars, but not battery tech. Never had issues like this with my Tesla, Volts or Outlander PhEVs though. Can my dealer get me more info on the issue?
Having the same issue recently. Past 2 months or so has been every other day or every three days sometimes 3 days in a row. Had any luck figuring it out? Ours is a PREM XAWD

OP
OP

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
No news. Prob going to pop up to dealer on Saturday to at least get it logged so someone can investigate.

billyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache Gt
Country flag
Same thing since I got mine in early September. Took it into the dealer last Tuesday and they reprogrammed a bunch of stuff -- don't have a comprehensive list.

That seemed to solve the problem until last night where it faulted again.

There were a couple codes listed that I'll have to look up when I get home. Codes indicated it might be a problem with the charge cable. I don't think it's the cable since I traded my friend who has a first edition and I still charge faulted and he was able to charge with my cord.

I am seeing an amber light on the charge box even though it's pretty cold here -- high 40s.

OP
OP

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Set appointment for 2 weeks out. It’s not urgent as it’s still charging most of the time. I’m using same charge cord as my First Edition so know it’s a car problem and not a charger problem.

court0901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select Space White
Country flag
same issue here the past 2 days. car is set to charge to 80%, 11p-5a during my electric company cheap times. charging stopped and I got charge fault notice via ford pass both days at 2:15am. I was actually awake for it last night, went to garage and found no amber lights. unplugged, plugged back in and it started charging again. using mobile charger.

billyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache Gt
Country flag
I solved my issues once and for all by moving to a grizzl-e classic charger.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I have only had two charge error faults since I bought my first Mach-E last Feb. In the past week, I have had 5. Every single time I have tried to charge, it gives me a fault. Which is annoying when low and trying to charge overnight, wake up and there was a fault at 1 am and the battery is low still.

I have the supplied charger that came with the car. Before when there was a fault, the light on the charger was amber and not blue. Now the charger light is blue, but still gives a fault.

I have unplugged the charger from the wall to try and reset it, still happens. I don't want to buy a 3rd party charger, the supplied charger has worked fine for a year. I don't need wifi control or faster speeds, I am home every day. I am at a loss as to what I can do now though, I can't keep having faults every time I charge. It just happened again and I unplugged it and plugged it back in, back to charging again.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have only had two charge error faults since I bought my first Mach-E last Feb. In the past week, I have had 5. Every single time I have tried to charge, it gives me a fault. Which is annoying when low and trying to charge overnight, wake up and there was a fault at 1 am and the battery is low still.

I have the supplied charger that came with the car. Before when there was a fault, the light on the charger was amber and not blue. Now the charger light is blue, but still gives a fault.

I have unplugged the charger from the wall to try and reset it, still happens. I don't want to buy a 3rd party charger, the supplied charger has worked fine for a year. I don't need wifi control or faster speeds, I am home every day. I am at a loss as to what I can do now though, I can't keep having faults every time I charge. It just happened again and I unplugged it and plugged it back in, back to charging again.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this on my end.

Shekhar

First Name
Sudhanshu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Pricing Advisor
Country flag
SOS : -

My MME Premium is getting these fault issues every day now. Lately it's 5-6 times in a night. Starts at 9:30 PM and till like morning 6:00 AM. Somebody please help, this way I won't be able to use this car. My wife drives it everyday for 120 miles. We cannot afford any charge faults specially in winters.

I do use 240V 50Amp connection with a long 25 ft connecter wire from my kitchen with a Neo splitter. Not sure if the length could be it. It was all fine the first one and a half month but started when one day we used 3rd party outside chargers and then it started the next day. Not sure if it’s related but it could be. It’s becoming annoying.

Last edited:

Oregon owner

First Name
Marti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Same for us. We got the car last spring and never had this problem until last month when it went into Ford for the system update. We gave the car to Ford service last week to investigate and they couldn't replicate the problem. Last night we plugged it in and went to bed and then at 1:15 am we got a "Scheduled charge did not begin" messages. We un-plugged and then re-plugged this morning and it began charging again. This happens multiple times a day since the system update.

IMG_9016.PNG
Sponsored