JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Interesting, mine is very similar, yours is priority code 19, but I have priority code 10? Any ideas on what that means?

Edit: it took some digging but I found it. Seems the dealer can prioritize which orders from their store are more important. It only prioritizes orders from that store and not other dealers orders.

Priority codes are how dealerships communicate with the scheduling system. Priority codes are placed on orders using WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) to indicate which orders are most important as they are being considered for scheduling. Priority codes align an individual dealership order bank.

Priority Codes – Lower numbers equal higher priority • 10 through 19 for retail orders (WBDO default retail priority if no code entered is 19.)

1596126873723.png
Does anyone know what the order code means? I have seen order numbers posted on this forum that are four digits too just like above and different from reservation number. Wondering if this order code ties to production slots.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It specifically says: Priority codes are how dealerships communicate with the scheduling system to indicate which orders are most important as they are being considered for scheduling (production). Priority codes only align an individual dealerships orders.

So if your dealer has multiple orders and they assign a 10-14 priority to some orders then those may be produced before other orders from their store with a priority of 15-19.
I wouldn't think it would apply to production for reserved Mach-e's though, since that's already prioritized by reservation priority.

For all other models that didn't use reservation priority, that makes sense though.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does anyone know what the order code means? I have seen order numbers posted on this forum that are four digits too just like above and different from reservation number. Wondering if this order code ties to production slots.
I doubt it. 4 digits is too short to be an overall Ford order#. It's probably something like a dealer order# (i.e. within that dealer's vehicles only).

Plus it's the number that was generated even before the order was submitted. Production slots wouldn't take place before the vehicle was officially ordered. In fact they probably won't take place for months yet (for non-FEs). At some point they'll lock the population of orders to that point and arrange the slots for that batch.

Last edited:

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hi, I converted my reservation to an order on 7-10-20.....both my reservation and converting to order took place at the dealer.....I like face to face, and have never had a problem with my dealer here in NJ......the order code is the "dealer order number" as told to me by the dealer manager that I dealt with......my priority code is also "19"......manager told me, we will finalize order as soon as they get a Vin number......with all the problems some are having, I called the help line today, to see if they (FORD) had the order, and YES they did......I told the man helping me to speed things up, he just laughed......oh, my model is the Select, and my "dealer order number is 4926.....

blessingsx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Escape, Fusion
Country flag
My dealer also converted my reservation to an order and I had the First Edition model. I only realized it when I received an email from Ford. I had not received any communication from the dealer at all. (not even when reservation made) I contacted Ford who told me that i had to contact the dealership. It really made me angry that they would push my reservation through without me even choosing options, etc. I decided to cancel the order. I am curious if they are going to try to keep the vehicle as dealer stock since it was a First Edition model. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing any future vehicles from this dealership.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks. As Timbop confirmed, it appears to be the dealership that did his, and probably mine. Perhaps innocently, or perhaps otherwise.

Good idea for everyone with a yet-to-be-converted reservation to keep an eye on theirs too, now knowing that the designated dealer has access to turn it into an order at any time.
Just let your dealer know not to convert your reservation to an order without talking to you first or that you will let him know when to do so. I think Ford is partially at fault here has dealer probably didn't have proper training or info on the process.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
My dealer also converted my reservation to an order and I had the First Edition model. I only realized it when I received an email from Ford. I had not received any communication from the dealer at all. (not even when reservation made) I contacted Ford who told me that i had to contact the dealership. It really made me angry that they would push my reservation through without me even choosing options, etc. I decided to cancel the order. I am curious if they are going to try to keep the vehicle as dealer stock since it was a First Edition model. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing any future vehicles from this dealership.
Make sure you want to do this --- there is no recovery after you cancel the order for the FE.

Also, there are no option choices for the FE except things like floor mats which you can later order from any Ford dealer.

Now if you needed to change your paint selection --- that could be a problem.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
[QUOTE="SD_Solar, post: 25602, member: 769”]
Now if you needed to change your paint selection --- that could be a problem.
[/QUOTE]
Actually the dealer can update a FE order in the system to change the color to one of the available choices. At least until the order is locked down by the scheduling team. Then it’s too late.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Odds are it was a mistake by the dealer to hijack your reservation rather than intentional shenanigans. It was with mine, and it appears some others too. Ford sent out a communication 2 weeks ago to dealers with unconverted reservations that was easily misinterpreted. That appears to have triggered some to click on it to start an open order.

I had the same suspicions that you did, and I wasn't happy. And it took me a week to get it straightened out. But I'm glad I gave the dealership a chance to figure it out and get it right. If you haven't officially canceled yet, I'd suggest trying to straighten it out with the dealer first. They DO have the ability to change any options before actually submitting the order to Ford.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Odds are it was a mistake by the dealer to hijack your reservation rather than intentional shenanigans. It was with mine, and it appears some others too. Ford sent out a communication 2 weeks ago to dealers with unconverted reservations that was easily misinterpreted. That appears to have triggered some to click on it to start an open order.

I had the same suspicions that you did, and I wasn't happy. And it took me a week to get it straightened out. But I'm glad I gave the dealership a chance to figure it out and get it right. If you haven't officially canceled yet, I'd suggest trying to straighten it out with the dealer first. They DO have the ability to change any options before actually submitting the order to Ford.
Can I have that canceled First Edition?

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
All of us that hold a reservation / order for the Mach-E are anxiously looking at every rumor and fact concerning production scheduling and delivery date. Will we have it in 2020 or will it be after Jan?

I do think we have to cut our Ford dealers a little slack here --- although of huge importance to us, remember this is just a TINY portion of their sales over the next year or so.

Mach-E deliveries to NA over the next year are only scheduled at about 20,000 maybe 15,000 for the US.

With about 2,200 Ford EV Certified dealers, that is only an average of only about 7 Mach-E’s per dealer over the next year. Most of them will sell more F-150 and F-250 Trucks then that in a day or two --- and at a higher profit.

The Mach-E is not what will keep the lights on at the average Ford dealer.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can I have that canceled First Edition?
If that were possible, I'd be asking for it too. I didn't think I'd end up with an AWD ER when I started this so I just reserved Premium. Now I'd love an FE too.

I can see why Ford isn't allowing reservations to be transferrable though. Once you do that, you open yourself up to the scalper game -- people that gobble up the reservations early and then turn around and sell them on the side for a higher price.

Last edited:

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I doubt it. 4 digits is too short to be an overall Ford order#. It's probably something like a dealer order# (i.e. within that dealer's vehicles only).

Plus it's the number that was generated even before the order was submitted. Production slots wouldn't take place before the vehicle was officially ordered. In fact they probably won't take place for months yet (for non-FEs). At some point they'll lock the population of orders to that point and arrange the slots for that batch.
Got it - makes sense - that the order numbers seen here are dealer related.

cloh76

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav 4; Mach-e
Country flag
I just got a notification email as well saying that my order has been placed and that they are in the process of preparing my order. Like everyone else, I only placed a reservation and was still considering whether to move forward with the order.

So does that mean the dealership converted my reservation without my consent and should I be calling them to make any updates/changes? I don't even know what specs my car was ordered with since I am also no longer able to log into my Ford account to verify. I know my account still exists, because I'm able to reset my password, but it won't let me log in.
Sponsored