Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
In store order. But I don’t have a new charge to a dealer.
The dealer doesn't have your credit card, so that makes sense.
Sponsored

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Mine got converted to an order by my dealer. I had talked with them a few times and they finally connected me to the person dealing with reservations. We spoke on the phone and the next day when I checked my reservation online it showed as a completed order. Luckily I had added the extended range battery the day before so no changes were necessary. I missed out on clicking the "Order" button but no big deal.
Just checked my order out of curiousity, after reading something in another thread, and noticed a change. Instead of saying "Order Placed" and "Order Accepted", or exactly what it said previously, it now says "In Store Order".
Ford Mustang Mach-E Reservation Automatically Converted to Order Overnight Order

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just checked my order out of curiousity, after reading something in another thread, and noticed a change. Instead of saying "Order Placed" and "Order Accepted", or exactly what it said previously, it now says "In Store Order".
Ford Mustang Mach-E Reservation Automatically Converted to Order Overnight Order
Yep, that's what mine says too. That's because the dealership moved it from reservation to order status rather than you submitting it.

Unfortunately it just stays at "In Store Order" now. It doesn't tell you on that page anywhere whether it's a open order, or a submitted order. You have to contact the dealer to have them actually submit the order (when you're ready, and have gotten them to answer/verify any questions or agreements on pricing you may have.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
So, for people whose orders were not hijacked, what does it say?

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So, for people whose orders were not hijacked, what does it say?
"Order Placed" after the reservation holder submits their order request to the dealer, and "Order Accepted" after the dealer accepts it. But I think (like us) it just means it's in open order status until the dealer actually hits SUBMIT to place the order with Ford. At that point, I'm not sure if their status changes from Order Accepted to something else.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
That's what mine looked like even after the dealer submitted the order overnight instead of my hitting the order button online. I'm not sure when it changed to the "In Store Order" designation that I showed in my latest post. The only drawback I see is I don't have that timeline at the top to see when it goes into production, etc.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, i can't even see my selling price.
Same here. When I got mine straightened out with the dealer, he had the order system send me a copy of the order just to make sure we had the options right before he submitted the order and took my $500 dealer deposit by email...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Reservation Automatically Converted to Order Overnight Preview-6554-07-24-2020-20-30-08-page-001

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Same here. When I got mine straightened out with the dealer, he had the order system send me a copy of the order just to make sure we had the options right before he submitted the order and took my $500 dealer deposit by email...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Reservation Automatically Converted to Order Overnight Preview-6554-07-24-2020-20-30-08-page-001
I see you didn't spring for the 5-speed manual ?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

Preview-6554-07-24-2020-20-30-08-page-001.jpg
Interesting, mine is very similar, yours is priority code 19, but I have priority code 10? Any ideas on what that means?

Edit: it took some digging but I found it. Seems the dealer can prioritize which orders from their store are more important. It only prioritizes orders from that store and not other dealers orders.

Priority codes are how dealerships communicate with the scheduling system. Priority codes are placed on orders using WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) to indicate which orders are most important as they are being considered for scheduling. Priority codes align an individual dealership order bank.

Priority Codes – Lower numbers equal higher priority • 10 through 19 for retail orders (WBDO default retail priority if no code entered is 19.)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Reservation Automatically Converted to Order Overnight 1596126873723

Last edited:
OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Priority Codes – Lower numbers equal higher priority • 10 through 19 for retail orders (WBDO default retail priority if no code entered is 19.)
Interesting. I wondered what that was too. I'm guessing it's mostly irrelevant as it pertains to the Mach-e, since it has it's own priorities and scheduling going on for Ford production and shipping. Maybe this has more to do with transporting the vehicle from wherever the train deposits them? If a dealer has 15 cars coming but the road transport only holds 8, maybe it doesn't end up on the first truck?

Anybody's guess I suppose.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Interesting. I wondered what that was too. I'm guessing it's mostly irrelevant as it pertains to the Mach-e, since it has it's own priorities and scheduling going on for Ford production and shipping. Maybe this has more to do with transporting the vehicle from wherever the train deposits them? If a dealer has 15 cars coming but the road transport only holds 8, maybe it doesn't end up on the first truck?

Anybody's guess I suppose.
It specifically says: Priority codes are how dealerships communicate with the scheduling system to indicate which orders are most important as they are being considered for scheduling (production). Priority codes only align an individual dealerships orders.

So if your dealer has multiple orders and they assign a 10-14 priority to some orders then those may be produced before other orders from their store with a priority of 15-19.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
It specifically says: Priority codes are how dealerships communicate with the scheduling system to indicate which orders are most important as they are being considered for scheduling (production). Priority codes only align an individual dealerships orders.

So if your dealer has multiple orders and they assign a 10-14 priority to some orders then those may be produced before other orders from their store with a priority of 15-19.
Probably how my C-Max got prioritized when the dealer screwed up the initial order.
Sponsored