Ruby is HOME! The good, bad and ugly

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ruby is HOME! The good, bad and ugly PXL_20210710_170601366

The good is she's home and charging. I have my charge point flex set to 20 amps for now. I have a 40 amp breaker with 6 gauge wire run over 120 feet. I have no issue with the slower speed as I work from home and don't drive a ton. but the mobile charger won't cut it some days.

I got comments when I stopped at Lowes. It gets noticed no doubt. I had a few neighbors stop and comment as well.

It will take me a while to tweak the seats to make my back happy but that is to be expected after a couple of surgeries.... I did enjoy my ride home and will spend some time customizing things.

They did not try to sell me anything extra and the Ford Options were as expected with a $100 bonus rebate for something... Also good.

This is simply the worst car buying experience I have ever had! They didn't know about options, and read below for the rest.

The bad - When I opened the door, the door insert was dirty. Some idiot left dirt smudges on the white. The dealer did clean it up. The windshield had a smudge I didn't see until I left and drove 60 miles home with it.

The ugly, the bastards did NOT charge her first. She had about 80 miles to empty on the guess O meter. None of the chargers were working at the Ford dealer....NONE... so they took her up to their Chrysler dealer and set her charging whilst we did paperwork. They did not try to sell me anything extra. When I picker her up she had about 91 on her. When I got home I had 43 left to empty.

The car is good but dealers suck. I would have been happy doing it all online and having it delivered by the dealer.
Sponsored

Dustan

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE, 2018 Raptor
Occupation
Lineman
Country flag
There’s definitely a reason Tesla is digging in on the dealership rules in Texas. I felt the same way about my dealership experience. I had to show them the numbers from the Ford website and 3 hours later I was done. Hopefully changes will be coming.

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Congratulations and welcome to the club!
I hope you enjoy your MME as much as I am enjoying mine.

smp

OP
OP
Sneezy

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
Congrats and your car looks amazing!! Not all dealer’s are bad! Ours seem to have bent over backwards to make us happy!
This is the first time in 20 years I have had a sales/delivery issue. The first dealer was clueless, the 2nd painted a rosy picture and didn't deliver. Now my wife... she wanted a new Prius and they continually tried to sell her a used one. Kept calling her.... I emailed the dealer and told them we wanted new and to order. Bam, problem solved. Internet sales rock.

Service? Forget it. Toyota, Chevy, Caddy... they have been awful. I use a performance shop that does amazing work for 1/3 the price. i only use dealers for warranty work anymore.

Al-E

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB Premium ER/RWD Mustang Mach E '21
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
I would love to hear your experience after another week or so. I also have had multiple back surgeries and one of the reasons I loved the car so much on the test drive was how comfy and smooth it was, and the height was perfect for getting in and out without needing to crouch down or bend too much.

But now reading the forum so many people say the ride is bad and the seats are uncomfortable so I’m getting a little nervous. My test drive was only about 30 minutes.

So please do continue to update your experience, thank you!

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
This is the first time in 20 years I have had a sales/delivery issue. The first dealer was clueless, the 2nd painted a rosy picture and didn't deliver. Now my wife... she wanted a new Prius and they continually tried to sell her a used one. Kept calling her.... I emailed the dealer and told them we wanted new and to order. Bam, problem solved. Internet sales rock.

Service? Forget it. Toyota, Chevy, Caddy... they have been awful. I use a performance shop that does amazing work for 1/3 the price. i only use dealers for warranty work anymore.
You can add Dodge to the list! The last time I took my Truck in for service it lead to a heated argument and The parts guy lied right to my face! I will NEVER set foot in that dealership again!!!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Interior dirt and smudges are pretty common at delivery. You spotted it, they cleaned it. They didn’t try to upsell you, and they got the Options incentives right. That all sounds like a pretty good dealer experience to me!

It’s too bad the L2 charging wasn’t working, but sounds like you had more than enough to get to where you were going. Electricity is cheap. Enjoy your car!

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I would love to hear your experience after another week or so. I also have had multiple back surgeries and one of the reasons I loved the car so much on the test drive was how comfy and smooth it was, and the height was perfect for getting in and out without needing to crouch down or bend too much.

But now reading the forum so many people say the ride is bad and the seats are uncomfortable so I’m getting a little nervous. My test drive was only about 30 minutes.

So please do continue to update your experience, thank you!
I've heard people talk about the ride being bouncy (not my experience at all FTR), but not seeing much complaining about the seats in terms of comfort. They are the best I've ever had. Granted I've now only had 4 BMWs and 4 Fords so can only compare to two brands, but still....

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry Hybrid / Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
Nice color! I'll take a bunch dirt smudges any day over a misigned pano roof! Ford corporate should add a 500 kWH charging credit to your Ford Pass account. I'd request that at the very least. The dealer can contact Dearborn and make that credit happen!

OP
OP
Sneezy

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
Nice color! I'll take a bunch dirt smudges any day over a misigned pano roof! Ford corporate should add a 500 kWH charging credit to your Ford Pass account. I'd request that at the very least. The dealer can contact Dearborn and make that credit happen!
I am a former Saab mechanic. We were trained that everything had to be perfect for delivery. I would have been fired for the smudges, I should have taken a picture. I have found plenty of other dirt in the car. IMHO, they did NOT do a PDI.

I was taught details so I expect that.

This is NOT OK with me. I noticed this as I took my daughter out for a driving lesson. I'm the only one to sit in the passenger seat in the 90 miles on it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ruby is HOME! The good, bad and ugly interior

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I am a former Saab mechanic. We were trained that everything had to be perfect for delivery. I would have been fired for the smudges, I should have taken a picture. I have found plenty of other dirt in the car. IMHO, they did NOT do a PDI.

I was taught details so I expect that.

This is NOT OK with me. I noticed this as I took my daughter out for a driving lesson. I'm the only one to sit in the passenger seat in the 90 miles on it.

Just detail it and move on, unless there is permanent damage. Dealers will be dealers and detailing your own gives you time to learn the ins / outs of the MME.

The fact everything else went well you are way ahead of others. Congrats and enjoy!

moocrab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
When I picker her up she had about 91 on her. When I got home I had 43 left to empty.
That's a little better than my experiance but not by much. I think I may have had around 60 miles and I stopped at 4 EA chargers (none of them worked) and made it home with 9 miles of range which forced me to break out the level 1 mobile charger on day 1.

Lola2004

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda pilot
Occupation
Travel agent
Country flag

The good is she's home and charging. I have my charge point flex set to 20 amps for now. I have a 40 amp breaker with 6 gauge wire run over 120 feet. I have no issue with the slower speed as I work from home and don't drive a ton. but the mobile charger won't cut it some days.

I got comments when I stopped at Lowes. It gets noticed no doubt. I had a few neighbors stop and comment as well.

It will take me a while to tweak the seats to make my back happy but that is to be expected after a couple of surgeries.... I did enjoy my ride home and will spend some time customizing things.

They did not try to sell me anything extra and the Ford Options were as expected with a $100 bonus rebate for something... Also good.

This is simply the worst car buying experience I have ever had! They didn't know about options, and read below for the rest.

The bad - When I opened the door, the door insert was dirty. Some idiot left dirt smudges on the white. The dealer did clean it up. The windshield had a smudge I didn't see until I left and drove 60 miles home with it.

The ugly, the bastards did NOT charge her first. She had about 80 miles to empty on the guess O meter. None of the chargers were working at the Ford dealer....NONE... so they took her up to their Chrysler dealer and set her charging whilst we did paperwork. They did not try to sell me anything extra. When I picker her up she had about 91 on her. When I got home I had 43 left to empty.

The car is good but dealers suck. I would have been happy doing it all online and having it delivered by the dealer.
Enjoy your new pony, Looks awesome

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just detail it and move on, unless there is permanent damage. Dealers will be dealers and detailing your own gives you time to learn the ins / outs of the MME.

The fact everything else went well you are way ahead of others. Congrats and enjoy!
agreed
Sponsored