Scissor jack options

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME CR1 AWD
Country flag
I've heard bad things about the Modern Spare jack and basically all of the other chinese scissor jacks, so I'm investigating alternative options. The Tesla forum loves the used aluminum Porsche jacks (https://www.ebay.com/itm/134160597691 for example). However, they only have a 2200 lb weight rating. Nobody seems to have a problem with them on the Model 3 but that car is quite a bit lighter than ours. Any idea how much weight goes on the jack to jack up one corner of the MME? Would it actually approach 2200 lb?
Sponsored

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
OP
OP

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME CR1 AWD
Country flag
Interesting that happened as the Crown Vic is only a bit lighter than the MME. My alternative to the Porsche jack had been to get a large OEM scissor jack from a vehicle like the Crown Vic or a pickup, but apparently that doesn't bring as much reliability as I thought. How was your jack aligned with the MME? Did you have to do anything to get those two tabs on the top to not interfere?

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Interesting that happened as the Crown Vic is only a bit lighter than the MME. My alternative to the Porsche jack had been to get a large OEM scissor jack from a vehicle like the Crown Vic or a pickup, but apparently that doesn't bring as much reliability as I thought. How was your jack aligned with the MME? Did you have to do anything to get those two tabs on the top to not interfere?
Right - I had the two tabs on the top of the Crown Vic jack placed beyond the lift surface underneath the car.

FYI - I borrowed the Crown Vic jack from a neighbor because after several cycles of use on the Mach E (trying various donut c+ spacer combinations) my Ford Fusion leftover jack had completely stripped out its female thread hub and the long threaded rod that pulls the scissors jack together to raise it, just pulled right thru the female thread on the hinge of the jack.

So, that was two jacks in one day, score: Ford OEM jacks = -2, Mach-E = +2.

My Mach E is the AWD + Extended Battery version, and I was jacking the rear wheel.
Sponsored