Seat comfort Premium vs California Route 1

burritoman

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium, Ford Edge, Tesla Model 3
So I test drove a Premium model and was impressed with the looks and ride. But I'm more interested in the California Route 1 model for the range and 18" wheels (ride comfort on rough roads.) Unfortunately they don't have one on the lot to check out. Comparing the seats, the Premium model has perforated seats while the other does not. Can anyone comment on the seat comfort between these two models? I'm already leaning toward the CR1 model but I'd be interested to know if the seats are different. Thanks
Sponsored

Knuckles39

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I may be incorrect but I believe the CR1 seats and select seats are the same. You might be able to test a select out to see seat comfort

Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2022 MME GT Star White
Country flag
Aren't they discontinuing the CR1 for MY 2024? you may have to find a 2023 somewhere.

B177y

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CR1, 2021 Highlander V6, 2001 F-350 V10
Country flag
I agree with @AliRafiee . I did a weekend long test drive in a 2023 GT (perforated seats) before purchasing a 2023 CR1. The perforated seats are more comfortable, and the range difference between the CR1 and the GT is barely noticeable in real world driving. The Premium AWD with 290 mile range is even closer.

In retrospect, if I had to do it all over, I would go with the Premium in either RWD or AWD. That being said, I do love my CR1.

OP
OP
burritoman

burritoman

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium, Ford Edge, Tesla Model 3
Ok, I think you've all convinced me that I should go with the Premium model instead. Seems like the CR1 is missing a few things compared to the Premium and they are both priced about the same. Thanks for helping make a critical decision!

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
I have a no options Select and live in the Sonoran Desert. I find the basic seats to be fine in all seasons, but If I lived in an area where it gets and stays REALLY cold, I would probably opt for heated seats to save the HVB energy required to heat the entire cabin 🥶.
Sponsored