Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Ford is wasting no time announcing its intentions to bring an ultimate factory performance model of the Mustang Mach-E! A Shelby Mach-E is in the works, as Ford executives has just confirmed!

via EVO: https://www.evo.co.uk/ford/mustang/201971/ford-plans-a-hot-mustang-mach-e-shelby

Ford plans a hot Mustang Mach-E Shelby

Fordā€™s Mustang Mach-E will get a high-performance Shelby badged version, according to bosses

November 20, 2019

Ford executives have confirmed that plans are afoot to create a flagship performance version of the Mustang Mach-E under the famous Shelby brand. The Mustang Mach-E Shelby would follow on from the muscular 750bhp Mustang Shelby GT500 coupe and sit above the current range-topper in the recently unveiled Mach-E range, the GT.

Speaking to evo, Ford Performance chief programme engineer Ed Krenz said: ā€˜Iā€™m looking forward to the challenge of applying the Shelby characteristics to an electric car. The trick for us is the fun-to-drive part, and sustainability in terms of charging. It needs to be capable to go all day on a trackday ā€“ you canā€™t do 20 minutes and then have to charge it all night.ā€™

Ford is intent on making sure the Mach-E lives up to its Mustang branding in terms of the levels of performance on offer and the driving experience. The Shelby variant would be the flagship Mach-E in this regard, pushing the platform towards its limits for road and track driving.

The power output for the current Mustang Mach-E GT model has yet to be confirmed but the car uses the all-wheel drive version of the Mach-Eā€™s powertrain and Ford says itā€™s targeting a 0-60mph sprint time of under 4sec with a 250-mile range. With the mid-spec Mach-E Extended Range models packing 327bhp (and 417lb ft of torque) itā€™s probably reasonable to expect 350bhp from the GT model and close to 400bhp from the eventual Shelby variant.
Sponsored

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I need pricing and availability, stat. Oh, and also a very good excuse for my wife, lol.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
WOW! And we thought we have heard the worst from the Mustang faithful. This is gonna blow their gaskets even more than before. :eek: Glad to see Ford is gonna push this as far as it can go.

Imagine when they do decide it is time for the Mustang coupe to get electrified...it's gonna be awesome!

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
WOW! And we thought we have heard the worst from the Mustang faithful. This is gonna blow their gaskets even more than before. :eek: Glad to see Ford is gonna push this as far as it can go.

Imagine when they do decide it is time for the Mustang coupe to get electrified...it's gonna be awesome!
I imagine a few are shitting bricks. I also can't wait to see this thing blow away a GT500 in a straight and out corner a GT350 (maybe not R). This would be the vehicle to take to Nurburgring.

Mister Mitch

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Flex Limited
Occupation
Retired Navy
Country flag
Wow! If you need an excuse to to get an EV... this will be it.

Popeye

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Taurus
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
GT Perfomance is supposed to have 459hp. Mustang GT has 460hp correct? So if Shelby GT has 750hp, Shelby Mach-E 749hp would make more sense no?

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
From the English Press Release on Ford's Media Site:

Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition brings the thrills Mustang is famous for, targeting 0-60 mph in the mid-3-second range and an estimated 342 kW (459 horsepower) and 830 Nm (612 lb.-ft.) of torque

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Falcon
Country flag

Don't worry, they're still trying to get their lives back on track from having no live rear axle.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
~750 horsepower would put it right in the neighborhood of the performance Model S and X so it's certainly possible. I'm very surprised they'd confirm something this early though.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
~750 horsepower would put it right in the neighborhood of the performance Model S and X so it's certainly possible. I'm very surprised they'd confirm something this early though.
I'm not all that surprised. There are already high powered Teslas, and people are going to say it's not good enough to be a Mustang. Well, a high-output Shelby version sure puts their foot in their mouth.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I need to change my reservation.
With an EV where the battery is most of the cost, any upgrades to motors suspension would no doubt end available later on as parts from performance ford and with no emissions all 50 states can swap in the new crate motors without issue :)

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I wonder how much extra battery they can put by taking out the back seats and making it a two-door coupe? I would think the Shelby is going to need it to for a day at the track.
Sponsored