Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
The descriptions for the product are hilarious.

Best Gift for your lover:Perfect decoration.Simple and practical gift. For children,With this Car Hood Lights, children will not being bored on the road will make children curious and reduce crying. They will learn color changes Light makes the journey party, never be bored.
It’s a rare gift that satisfies my lover, reduces children crying, and makes the journey party. Count me in.

But I need to know more about the install first.
Sponsored

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
It’s a rare gift that satisfies my lover, reduces children crying, and makes the journey party. Count me in.

But I need to know more about the install first.
+1. Maybe those who did the lighted pony mod has some insight into which wires you tap into to trigger this .

OP
OP
rascalif

rascalif

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1970 Mustang Fastback, 2015 Mustang GT
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Thanks - I like it, too. Would you mind taking a pic or two of how/where you installed, as well as your electrical connection?

Nice job!
Shoot, I should have taken some photos since it required taking out the panels and tub in the frunk. It's really very simple, just clamp a wiretap into the left headlight brown/blue and black/green wires and connect them to the red and black wires of the strip, respectively. The LEDs will light every time your headlights power on.

Last edited:

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Wait a second. The black grille piece with the louvers. Was that a FE thing that died on the Job1's? I want venty looking back piece for a grille dang it. I find it really annoying that my in car wake up screen shows a long video of a grille I thought was only on the GT, but here you have it. Or os a TR1 thing?

Kopytka

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Shoot, I should have taken some photos since it required taking out the panels and tub in the frunk. It's really very simple, just clamp a wiretap into the left headlight brown/blue and black/green wires and connect them to the red and black wires of the strip, respectively. The LEDs will light every time your headlights power on.
No problem, that makes sense.....can you snap a pic or two of the actual strip up close (curious how/where it is mounted (that results in the amount of visible effect you show in the video))?

OP
OP
rascalif

rascalif

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
No problem, that makes sense.....can you snap a pic or two of the actual strip up close (curious how/where it is mounted (that results in the amount of visible effect you show in the video))?
Here you go.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Silly LED mod, but I like it... sweeping lights 20230319_192910

Kopytka

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Thanks a ton - is the thickness of the strip what contributes to the minor issue (that you described) closing the hood? I don't see a thickness listed on the product page, as I'd be curious if there are other options available that may be even just a bit thinner (and not cause any undue stress of the hood latch etc (this is based on my assumption that it's the thickness of the strip that causes the issue, of course).

Thanks again, for the price it definitely seems like it's worth a shot!

OP
OP
rascalif

rascalif

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Wait a second. The black grille piece with the louvers. Was that a FE thing that died on the Job1's? I want venty looking back piece for a grille dang it. I find it really annoying that my in car wake up screen shows a long video of a grille I thought was only on the GT, but here you have it. Or os a TR1 thing?
It just came that way on my '23.

OP
OP
rascalif

rascalif

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Thanks a ton - is the thickness of the strip what contributes to the minor issue (that you described) closing the hood? I don't see a thickness listed on the product page, as I'd be curious if there are other options available that may be even just a bit thinner (and not cause any undue stress of the hood latch etc (this is based on my assumption that it's the thickness of the strip that causes the issue, of course).

Thanks again, for the price it definitely seems like it's worth a shot!
I don't think it's the strip itself, but rather the endcaps at each end of the strip. I'd say the strip is about 3/16" thick.

MW1515

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I have been wondering about this as well. It's looks niiiiice.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I found it's a CR RT1 thing. But I can't find the correct part number as in Fordparts it all comes up as the same part number. Which makes no sense. But I want.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
That integrated into the grill mastache would look amazing. I have an ugly select mustache that would look miles better with integrated leds or something. Yeah it's gimmicky, but I love the way the id4's front end looks at night.
Sponsored