JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
I'm pretty much frustrated with Ford Dealership service and have decided to not order a Lighting and put my order in for a Silverado EV. Dealership actually followed up with me within less then an hour about where there were and what they knew, which was just confirming orders and contact info and still waiting on pricing guides and such. Worth a shot to see what they can do, after all at least they have experience with the Bolt.
Sponsored

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Good luck.
............not sure I'd use the Bolt as a positive experience tho :p

strangeengine

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE (sold after 2mo - suspension sucks!)
Country flag
I think the Silverado EV looks to be a way cooler truck than the F150 Lightning.

But they are both vaporware at this point, so who really knows?

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Good luck.
............not sure I'd use the Bolt as a positive experience tho :p
The Bolt software is rock solid, as compared to the MME. And I just got a range boast right after crossing 100K miles. The battery recall worked out great for me.

I have a Hummer EV reservation, and GM has a big advantage over Ford, more range, 800V charging and battery preconditioning navigating to the charger. Charging rates on the Hummer have been recorded over 300kw, and it has a heat pump as well. Silverado EV will have the same capability as the Hummer, but with more range.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
The Bolt software is rock solid, as compared to the MME. And I just got a range boast right after crossing 100K miles. The battery recall worked out great for me.

I have a Hummer EV reservation, and GM has a big advantage over Ford, more range, 800V charging and battery preconditioning navigating to the charger. Charging rates on the Hummer have been recorded over 300kw, and it has a heat pump as well. Silverado EV will have the same capability as the Hummer, but with more range.
I was trying to be funny......

Glad it all worked out for you with the Bolt.

I have a blind spot when it comes to GM, have had it for a long time. Just not a fan of their products. Now, to be fair, all of the things you posted are good things and certainly advantages. I just can't make myself walk into a GM dealer (web site) and put real money down on something I really don't like the styling of.

I don't want to be the guy here bashing a product or someone else choice. This one is just not for me. I'll be quiet now🤫

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
2025 will be here in just a blink..

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I'm pretty much frustrated with Ford Dealership service and have decided to not order a Lighting and put my order in for a Silverado EV. Dealership actually followed up with me within less then an hour about where there were and what they knew, which was just confirming orders and contact info and still waiting on pricing guides and such. Worth a shot to see what they can do, after all at least they have experience with the Bolt.
my dealer got back with me about my Lightning almost immediately after the reservation, and about the order deadline, and about the order follow-up. dealers vary.

anyway good luck with it.

2025 will be here in just a blink..
yeah, but it will be three years into Lightning ownership, if you're in the first batch, which means the end of Options or lease or well paid down on a traditional loan, which means moving on to the Silverado would still be possible and reasonable at that point.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
We've considered the Silverado. The attraction of the F-150 Lightning is that it's built on an existing platform so much of the design is already done for the first generation. The attraction of the R1T is that its smaller dimensions make it more our style. The Silverado is our third choice, but we will probably wait to see what happens in the next 9-18 months before choosing the Silverado.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
We've considered the Silverado. The attraction of the F-150 Lightning is that it's built on an existing platform so much of the design is already done for the first generation. The attraction of the R1T is that its smaller dimensions make it more our style. The Silverado is our third choice, but we will probably wait to see what happens in the next 9-18 months before choosing the Silverado.
It could be argued that there is little new in either... in the Lightning since even the EV parts are related to the Mach-E and the Silverado will be a not-dumb Hummer.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
It could be argued that there is little new in either... in the Lightning since even the EV parts are related to the Mach-E and the Silverado will be a not-dumb Hummer.
Fair enough. I like to pretend that the Hummer doesn't exist...

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Did you get to see the Hummer at Barrett-Jackson or Mecum this year? I was pleasantly surprised with it's form factor. it's overall size is in between the Rivian and Lightning and the interior was pretty cool. The removable roof panels was pretty cool and the power points at the rear bumper are pretty neat. I can see that thing being a good daily driver and really fun weekend warrior. GM says it will tow quite a bit too. Hmmmm..... 🤔

20220316_120508.jpg

20220316_120531.jpg

20220316_120541.jpg

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

I won't be getting a Lightning either. I placed a reservation about 2 or 3 minutes once the system opened and yet I still didn't get on the 'First 25' list at my dealership. Probably because I wasn't willing to pay ADM. Oh well, I still have my SuperDuty that is paid for so I guess I get to keep my $80k for a while longer. :)

The Lightning is really huge though. Probably too big for my garage or any reasonable parking spaces. A smaller truck like the Rivian or Hummer might be a better fit for me anyway. As long as it can tow at least 11,000 lbs then I'll be okay. The Lightning was 1,000 lbs short if I remember correctly.....

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
It's all fun, I do like my MME but the dealership experience has completely put me off future Ford purchases. The Chevrolet dealership is the same owners as the Ram, which is my best dealership experience in the area.

I always liked the Avalanche and this has that vibe. I'm looking for the better range but am not spending 100k on a truck. So hopefully the WT will be a good fit. I'm not going anywhere with the MME, it is now our main car for us with gas prices and I see no reason to sell. I did try to find a GT just to get a better range this year on a lot, but the mark ups are crazy.
Sponsored