Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
I’m worried about the rear hatch... My Yakima box needs to be pretty far forward on my wife’s Pathfinder so that the hatch doesn’t hit the box when it opens. The Pathfinder has a pretty long rear compared to the MME...
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I’m worried about the rear hatch... My Yakima box needs to be pretty far forward on my wife’s Pathfinder so that the hatch doesn’t hit the box when it opens. The Pathfinder has a pretty long rear compared to the MME...
You can set the opening height of the rear hatch if it’s an issue.

Stef

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault ZOE
Country flag
In Germany the technical data sheet of the MME is not stating any roof load, which is according to my understanding a precondition to allow offering roof racks (maybe Germany differs from the US in this regard). I asked Ford-Germany about this and the answer was that there are no plans to qualify a roof load for the MME, which would be really disappointing. Is the non-defined roof load a concern in the US? Anybody who talked to Ford-US directly about this?

Othentic

First Name
Benoit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium | Audi Q5 | Hyundai Kona Electric
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
One can also buy Sea Seackers Monkey Bars and attach a thule on those.
bought mine two weeks ago. still waiting for Fedex to deliver them! I was supposed to get them llast week. I'll tell you when they arrive.

But I'm a bit worried about the fact that it could be easily stolen?

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
bought mine two weeks ago. still waiting for Fedex to deliver them! I was supposed to get them llast week. I'll tell you when they arrive.

But I'm a bit worried about the fact that it could be easily stolen?
Oh, I was considering them as well for just plain ol' ski rack (not a box). LMK how things work out. I have a set of seasucker bike rack that I'm keen to try out soon.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
My concern is with the ~horizontal surface on top, that the roof rack’s foot is resting on and being pressed into with the wraparound clamp. You have the clamp force bearing down on that surface, plus the mass of the rack and attached cargo. If that surface is not structural, it will not maintain its original shape.

I had a similar rack on a WRX once. I apparently overloaded it with a two person kayak, and was left with permanent deformation of the metal under those roof rack supports.

I might be wrong about the strength of the MME there...it was just a quick check wondering about rack options. My conclusion was a roof rack wouldn’t be an option...maybe others will prove me wrong.
well , there is no Factory option for either roof or hitch receiver.... which SUCKS for an SUV, or any vehicle really if you want a hitch rack for skiis, bikes, or a utility 'box'.... Good news is that there is at least one aftermarket....

install covered in another thread, check out the Torklift hitch mount receiver.

Last edited:

Othentic

First Name
Benoit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium | Audi Q5 | Hyundai Kona Electric
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
I got them a while ago. It works well but I am still worried about it being stolen too easily.
Sponsored