Alucius

First Name
Yang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
First I like to say I love this forum. It's got so much information and feedback regarding people's buying experience. Some are good and some are bad but you wish that you won't get one of the bad ones.

Well... worst came to me. My dealer said my Mach E will be delayed till 14th of August for delivery and he never heard of smart vincent or ford options. I know its a big ask but can someone please post the instructions on how a dealer can access those things because he said I should qualify for the loan but he never heard of anything that involves a balloon payment.

It kinda silly that I'm basically asking for instructions on how to do his job for him but I guess that's the world we live in now. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
People use the term "dealer" when they mean "lowly salesperson".

Tell them to ask the GM.

OP
OP

Alucius

First Name
Yang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Man... last car I bought was 5 years ago and that was through a third party that negotiated for me. lol... I really dont want to go through the "Dealership " experience. Plus... all those tactics of walking away... I can't really do that to the Mach E that I ordered and all the power is in their hands. Are they obligated to sell me just as is without added service or extended warranty? What if I refuse the add-ons? Do I lose the car?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Odds are high the person who told you they’ve never heard of Gird Options is being less than honest. Dealers make a ton of money off of conventional financing and leasing. Go above their head to the Sales Manager or GM. If that doesn’t work, there are Ford employees on this forum thst are well versed in Ford Options. Hopefully they can step in.

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I'm headed to my dealer tomorrow to sign some paperwork to hopefully satisfy IRS requirements in case my '22 order doesn't come until '23. I also plan on asking about financing through options.

My sales person didn't even know that Ford is price locking Mach-E orders. They also quoted wrong figures (in my favor) for registration fees. So yeah, I actually do think some dealerships are staffed by people that ignorant about selling EVs.

Given my order hasn't even been scheduled yet, if he plays dumb, I plan on starting by just saying I read about it on Ford's own website:

https://www.ford.com/finance/finance-options/#ford-options

From there they'll look pretty stupid if they say it doesn't exist / they never heard about it. I feel like it's a bit more aggressive opening up about telling them where to point and click in their own systems that I've never seen. But if I have to when the time comes, I'll do it.

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
Pretty sure the first result on Google search is the actual Smart Vincent system since the first thing it asks is for a dealer login from Ford.com

OP
OP

Alucius

First Name
Yang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I'm headed to my dealer tomorrow to sign some paperwork to hopefully satisfy IRS requirements in case my '22 order doesn't come until '23. I also plan on asking about financing through options.

My sales person didn't even know that Ford is price locking Mach-E orders. They also quoted wrong figures (in my favor) for registration fees. So yeah, I actually do think some dealerships are staffed by people that ignorant about selling EVs.

Given my order hasn't even been scheduled yet, if he plays dumb, I plan on starting by just saying I read about it on Ford's own website:

https://www.ford.com/finance/finance-options/#ford-options

From there they'll look pretty stupid if they say it doesn't exist / they never heard about it. I feel like it's a bit more aggressive opening up about telling them where to point and click in their own systems that I've never seen. But if I have to when the time comes, I'll do it.
How did it go bro? Please help share your experience and the battles you fought all the way till the final boss known as Finance.

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
How did it go bro? Please help share your experience and the battles you fought all the way till the final boss known as Finance.
I got my buyer's order signed but it's not like it's "binding" in any legal definition. But there's no way I'm going to get a dealer to make up something custom for me at a moment's notice so I can possibly claim a tax credit. I'm just hoping the powers to be will issue some sort of guidance saying that the signed sheet counts.

All my numbers were right but they had $500 of miscellaneous taxable fees. When I asked them to enumerate what that was, they immediately removed it. Basically trying to double dip on document fees, which is probably illegal anyway. Also I suspect it serves as a ruse to get you to trust your salesperson since he was eager to get rid of it.

I asked about Ford Options and the salesperson didn't really know much about it other than he's always been told that the "lease" terms on the EVs were really bad so nobody used it. Then he confessed that the finance guy might really just mean it's bad for him. At least the salesperson agreed that any finance terms would be locked from the time I placed my order.

I'm going to schedule a meeting with finance when it gets closer to delivery. Sounds like he's going to try to tell me that the Options is a bad deal and try to get me on his financial kickback offer. So I'll cross that bridge when it comes, but at least I have a signed sheet with no ADM or mandatory dealer options.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I got my buyer's order signed but it's not like it's "binding" in any legal definition. But there's no way I'm going to get a dealer to make up something custom for me at a moment's notice so I can possibly claim a tax credit. I'm just hoping the powers to be will issue some sort of guidance saying that the signed sheet counts.
All your signed paperwork locks in your pricing agreement with your dealer. The date for IRS and tax credit is the date you take delivery and title.

Nothing your dealer signs now affects your “purchase date” for IRS. Technical term is the date the vehicle is “placed into service”.

There are many threads saying the same thing.

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I'm referring to the "transition clause" of the soon (?) to be enacted Inflation Reduction Act. It clearly states if you have a written binding contract prior to enactment but take possession of the car after enactment, you can take the tax credit that was available the "day before" enactment.

In the case of a taxpayer that

1) after December 31, 2021, and before the date of enactment of this Act, purchased, or entered into a written binding contract to purchase, a new qualified plug-in [vehicle] ... and

2) placed such vehicle in service on or after the date of enactment of this Act,

such taxpayer may elect ... to treat such vehicle as having been placed in service on the day before the date of enactment of this Act.
I will most definitely place my vehicle into service after the date of enactment of the Act. And I now have a signed piece of paper that hopefully counts as a "written binding contract to purchase" in the eyes of the IRS. I realize it actually isn't that in any legal sense, but I might as well give myself the best chance to qualify for the tax credit given I might not take possession of my car until January.

OP
OP

Alucius

First Name
Yang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I'm in the dealership right now and they said it's a balloon payment and I have to finance everything. 2nd option is 84 month with 6.99% interest. I said no thank you and he went back to his manager. They really don't want me to get ford options. After I gave them instruction on how to access it. Let's see how many more hours I need to wait.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I'm in the dealership right now and they said it's a balloon payment and I have to finance everything. 2nd option is 84 month with 6.99% interest. I said no thank you and he went back to his manager. They really don't want me to get ford options. After I gave them instruction on how to access it. Let's see how many more hours I need to wait.
When I bought my car back in March Ford offered a $2500 discount on the car In CA if you used Ford Options. Also the interest rates are much lower than their 2nd option! As for the balloon payment, your choices are to refinance the balloon (you're on your own to find financing), pay it off in full (there's no prepayment penalty, so you can pay off at any time), or give the car back to Ford when the balloon is due. If you think you might do the last option, then you need to be careful about how much annual mileage you have them put into the Options deal; if you go over then it can get pretty pricy. Good luck!

OP
OP

Alucius

First Name
Yang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
So they said they needed to make money and up the rate to 4.7%. We end up negotiated back to 2.7% but I have to get their extended warranty. However they took 1k off and gave me another 1k trade in credit. So extended was only 1k. Not bad considered I went 48 months ford options. You guys just have to grind them down and keep saying no. Be confident.. good luck all!

lazoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Country flag
Does anyone have access to SmartVincent that can look up my interest rate at time of order? Ordered on March 17,2022 3FMTK1SS3PMA09158 44685. Dealer is trying to tell me there were no incentives but I remember there being incentives at the time of order.

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I ordered at a similar time and got 1.9% for 3 years. I should have been able to get something like 2.5% for any term but I didn't argue about it. You should have similar rates.
Sponsored