Snowflake Dashboard Warning Light Explained

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select AWD Rapid Red Metallic (03/10/23)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
First time seeing the follow warning light on my dash. It took some time finding a explanation of what it meant, so i thought I would post its meaning here.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Snowflake Dashboard Warning Light Explained frost

That snowflake dashboard light, or frost warning light is a temperature warning. The snowflake warning light automatically illuminates on the dashboard in yellow/amber when outside temperatures fall close to freezing at around 3Ā°C (37Ā°F) or below.

On some vehicles, the warning light may turn red when temperatures fall below zero degrees Celsius. Although the warning light will go off when the temperature rises above this threshold, there may still be low lying areas of road that may have frost cover.
Frost Dashboard Warning Light
Frost warning light

Frost warning light
This is the frost warning light. The symbol of a snowflake and road lane markers is commonly used by many vehicle manufacturers to warn of low temperatures and the potential danger of icy road conditions.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Interestingly, the snowflake was never enabled on my Job 1 car. Not sure if thatā€™s the case for all Job 1s. I know I could enable it with FORScan, but I donā€™t really need to see the warning every day for 5 months out of the year.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Annoying as hell. I mean yes we all know itā€™s friggin cold outside, evident by, well everything. In other cars the damn thing turns off after a couple minutes of driving. Not on the Mach-E. It stays on for 5 months.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Interestingly, the snowflake was never enabled on my Job 1 car. Not sure if thatā€™s the case for all Job 1s. I know I could enable it with FORScan, but I donā€™t really need to see the warning every day for 5 months out of the year.
I donā€™t know if Heidiā€™s car has it enabled either. Mine does. It reminds me that itā€™s time to take off the performance tires.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Surely you need your car to remind you that when you go outside and see snow on the ground that there might be snow on the ground.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Annoying as hell. I mean yes we all know itā€™s friggin cold outside, evident by, well everything. In other cars the damn thing turns off after a couple minutes of driving. Not on the Mach-E. It stays on for 5 months.
You can disable it with FORScan.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Annoying? Get a piece of electrical tape and cover it up. Why is it annoying? Does READY annoy you also?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
First time seeing the follow warning light on my dash. It took some time finding a explanation of what it meant, so i thought I would post its meaning here.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Snowflake Dashboard Warning Light Explained frost

That snowflake dashboard light, or frost warning light is a temperature warning. The snowflake warning light automatically illuminates on the dashboard in yellow/amber when outside temperatures fall close to freezing at around 3Ā°C (37Ā°F) or below.

On some vehicles, the warning light may turn red when temperatures fall below zero degrees Celsius. Although the warning light will go off when the temperature rises above this threshold, there may still be low lying areas of road that may have frost cover.
Frost Dashboard Warning Light
Frost warning light

Frost warning light
This is the frost warning light. The symbol of a snowflake and road lane markers is commonly used by many vehicle manufacturers to warn of low temperatures and the potential danger of icy road conditions.
Iā€™ve never seen this indicator on my car. And yes, we have temperatures that drop below 32 (thatā€™s 0 centigrade to other parts of the world šŸ˜€).

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Surely you need your car to remind you that when you go outside and see snow on the ground that there might be snow on the ground.
All of my previous cars have had this indicator for many years. Itā€™s inoffensive and may remind some people that ā€œblack iceā€ conditions may exist.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Annoying? Get a piece of electrical tape and cover it up. Why is it annoying? Does READY annoy you also?
Yes. Iā€™m sorry if I donā€™t have exactly the same opinion as you. Clearly not Rick-approved. And if you like to drive trash vehicles with duct tape, be my guest. The rest of us donā€™t like that.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yes. Iā€™m sorry if I donā€™t have exactly the same opinion as you. Clearly not Rick-approved. And if you like to drive trash vehicles with duct tape, be my guest. The rest of us donā€™t like that.
I would never drive a vehicle with duct tape. That's classless. Electrical tape... ;)

sddefault.jpg

Glen Boise

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yet, the warning is needed for all those drivers who ignore that snow, when run over, will get icy so they can slide off the road. Just think how many times you see them in the ditch because they would not slow down during the first snow falls of the year.
Sponsored