So….. 100 miles from home…. How screwed am I?

OP
OP
atomdeathstroke

atomdeathstroke

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mache E Premium
Occupation
I make stickers
Country flag
OK, another update guys. LOL I probably know the name of every tech and mechanic at my local dealer, and we are basically family at this point, I have been there so many times. They FINALLY got to my car to complete the repair, and they DON'T have a car lift that will fit my car :'(

They have to send it off to another shop to complete the repair. They are sending the parts, and paying for the tow, but at this point I have no idea when it's going to get towed, and when the actual repair will start. At this point, I'm not even mad... this is pretty comical and very embarrassing for Ford, and the dealer. Like, you have had the parts for 3 weeks now, and you only realized now you cannot lift the car? Aren't there systems in place to check for these kinds of things?

Has anyone else had experiences like with with HVBJB replacements? How long did it take you to get your repair done?
Sponsored

OP
OP
atomdeathstroke

atomdeathstroke

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I make stickers
Country flag
Well..... It's been nearly 7 weeks since my HVBJB failure and still no car. It took a week to get the part, but 4 weeks for my dealer to look at it only to find out they didn't have a lift for my vehicle and they were unable to complete the repair. The Service desk employee reached out to dozens of local dealers only to find out only one of them had the equipment to complete the repair. It's been there for nearly 3 weeks now, and the tech was on vacation, and when they were supposed to begin the repair today, the tech never showed up to work and was MIA.

This is incredibly frustrating, and I'm starting to regret the vehicle purchase at this point. I perhaps should have gone with a more established electric vehicle like a Tesla. I get these cars are new, but there is ZERO support out here for the vehicles. Calling Ford has been almost no help as well. If it were up to me, I would have flown a tech from the cooperate office after week 3. I would also, insure that any dealership that is going to be selling these vehicles has the equipment and staff to complete any repairs needed. This is just so sad. As a Wisconsin resident I could simply just submit a lemon law form at this point with 30 days of inoperability. I'm weighing my options. :(

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Well..... It's been nearly 7 weeks since my HVBJB failure and still no car. It took a week to get the part, but 4 weeks for my dealer to look at it only to find out they didn't have a lift for my vehicle and they were unable to complete the repair. The Service desk employee reached out to dozens of local dealers only to find out only one of them had the equipment to complete the repair. It's been there for nearly 3 weeks now, and the tech was on vacation, and when they were supposed to begin the repair today, the tech never showed up to work and was MIA.

This is incredibly frustrating, and I'm starting to regret the vehicle purchase at this point. I perhaps should have gone with a more established electric vehicle like a Tesla. I get these cars are new, but there is ZERO support out here for the vehicles. Calling Ford has been almost no help as well. If it were up to me, I would have flown a tech from the cooperate office after week 3. I would also, insure that any dealership that is going to be selling these vehicles has the equipment and staff to complete any repairs needed. This is just so sad. As a Wisconsin resident I could simply just submit a lemon law form at this point with 30 days of inoperability. I'm weighing my options. :(
I don't understand, so they can't do tire changes on a Mach-E either since they can't lift it? I thought the only special parts were the scissor lift for the battery pack lowering.

OP
OP
atomdeathstroke

atomdeathstroke

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I make stickers
Country flag
I don't understand, so they can't do tire changes on a Mach-E either since they can't lift it? I thought the only special parts were the scissor lift for the battery pack lowering.
I think the lift they have can pick up my car (they have changed my tires for winter/summer) but not in a way that gives them access to drop the battery. They stated my care was "too narrow for their lift".

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

It could be worse.

You could be trying to service a Tesla in Norway:
https://www.newsweek.com/disgruntled-tesla-owners-hunger-strike-over-car-faults-1739319?amp=1
Sponsored