RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Sweating how they moved your car? Eh. Who cares? But you had been too reasonable up to that point. If the dealer can't fix your car, they should have been up front about that. 3 weeks is totally unreasonable to find this out, especially when you are paying for your own alternate transportation.

It is unreasonable for dealers unequipped to work on EVs to act like this. 2024 can't come soon enough to weed out the ICE-only dealers.

Up until Friday last week, I had been extremely reasonable. not complaining when they said they didn't have a loaner, not complaining when the receptionist gave me attitude because I dared to call 30 minutes before closing and "everyone has left for the day". Not complaining when I called and was told someone couldn't speak with me because "they were in training" (that one happened 5 times - lots of training going on or they were lying).

But I finally had it when they decided to drive my car when they told me it would be towed.

Now fast forward 4 days later and my car has been sitting at the other dealership and no one has worked on it yet. It got there Friday morning. It was supposed to be worked on first thing Friday morning. Nope. Then it was first thing Monday morning... nope. Now it's Tuesday, I was supposed to get a call in the morning with a status. Nothing. I sent a text asking for the status... crickets.

I thought I bought a $60,000+ car. I got better service from my $25k Mazda.

@Ford Motor Company has flat out stopped replying to my messages. I didn't really expect the social media team to do much, but at the very least they can reply with the old "we understand your frustration and will do what we can to help." I'm not even getting that!
Sponsored

OP
OP
RosarioM

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
here’s a status update. My car now has to be moved to ANOTHER dealership that’s ANOTHER hour further from my house. And then there’s another week and a half before I get it back. At least.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
here’s a status update. My car now has to be moved to ANOTHER dealership that’s ANOTHER hour further from my house. And then there’s another week and a half before I get it back. At least.
What a clown circus. @Ford Motor Company

OP
OP
RosarioM

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Take a wild guess how they are going to get the car there. They are driving it. At least they told me this time.
I told them that the car might fail on them while they drive it another hour further from my house.

I didn’t even get mad at them. I’ve given up. I don’t think I’ll ever see my car again. They can’t even tell me for sure it’s going out to the other dealership tomorrow morning. So now my car would have visited and sat in three dealerships. Maybe after this they will want to drive it to California.

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
First, if every dealer creates a separate Repair order to check in/out your car in their shop, that might count as 3 repair attempts and you might qualify for the lemon law. It is not your fault that each (authorized) dealer does not fix the problem. It is Ford's problem.

I sold my GT a couple of weeks ago not because it was a bad car (minus the HVBJB) but for the lack of after sale customer service. Ford did not properly address the HVBJB issue by replacing the hardware as part of the recall and instead they gave us just a software update that does not prevent the failure, despite what they write in their release notes. Then the terrible dealer experience. My GT used to quality for a voluntary sw update campaign. When I went to my closest dealer to schedule it, they had no clue what I was talking. I asked them to check my VIN to see if the campaign shows up and how much time it says it takes, but they did not even want to do that. They said I have to lave the car with them for days, with no ETA and they did not want to provide a loaner. I got the updates through a very useful member of this forum who had FDRS. It took about an hour to update.

I bought a Volvo to replace my MME. My new Volvo needed a software update as part of its Predelivery Inspection. However due to issues outside of the dealer's control (power outage due to extreme heat) they could not finish the update by the day I was supposed to pick up the car. Without even me asking, the Volvo dealer offered me a loaner until my new car is ready. Now compare that with the Ford dealer service..
The Volvo dealer and the Ford dealer where I bought my cars are just half a mile away..So close distance-wise but so far apart in terms of quality of service.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
So three weeks ago I had the dreaded service vehicle soon message. Of course it was the HVBJB issue and after going through all the steps the part finally arrived at the dealership last week. I expected to finally get my car back after three weeks only to find out that my dealership did not have the lift to service my car and that it had to go to another dealership an hour away. It was my understanding that it would be towed to the other dealership. Instead they drove it there.

I was pissed because 1) they told me it was being towed, 2) they should have had the proper equipment there to begin with and 3) what if they got the stop safely now message while driving it.

Either way it seems completely unprofessional to drive a customers car without telling them an hour away for it to be serviced.

Am I being unreasonable? Also as of now it’s STILL hasn’t been looked at.
According to Ford, you can't BE a Mach-E dealer unless you buy the Mach-E battery special hydraulic lift. Your "dealer" is in abrogation of its Ford EV contract. Inform Ford of the situation.

OP
OP
RosarioM

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
According to Ford, you can't BE a Mach-E dealer unless you buy the Mach-E battery special hydraulic lift. Your "dealer" is in abrogation of its Ford EV contract. Inform Ford of the situation.
I would of someone from Ford Care would call me back. I can’t even get Ford to reply to my messages here.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I would of someone from Ford Care would call me back. I can’t even get Ford to reply to my messages here.
Make a phone call...works for me.

OP
OP
RosarioM

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Make a phone call...works for me.

I've just been on a call for 45 minutes explaining my story yet again only to be told that a case with a supervisor was opened and that they will call me within the next 24 to 48 hours. When I explained that I asked for a supervisor on Friday and no one called me, they told me they informed my case agent that I asked for a supervisor... so no one called me.

I explained that I work for a living and I can speak now but if they call me in the middle of the day tomorrow I may not be able to pick up the phone. I was told there's nothing they can do.

So yeah, phone not working either.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I think my biggest problem is that they told me it was going to be towed and then drove it. If they told me they had to drive it I would have been fine with it, but the biggest issue for me is that they are so completely clueless about EVs, they didn't know that the car could have had the "stop safely now" message. For all they know, they could have done more damage to the car driving it. I doubt very much they checked with Ford first. I'm sure Ford would have told them to tow it instead of drive it.

Either way, you don't tell a customer you will tow their car and then put someone in it to drive it to another state to get the service you should have done. If they had told me three weeks ago that they didn't have the equipment to service my car and that it needed to go an hour away, I would have brought it to another dealership 20 minutes away. They didn't do that because that dealership is owned by another company.

So they put what's best for them over what's best for their customers. That's what's wrong with Dealerships and why Ford and all other car companies have to get rid of this archaic system.
Yes, they lied.

Lying is bad. Agreed.

But I still think by NOT towing it, you’re better off.

And, benefit of the doubt, maybe they intended on towing it, but a truck wasn’t available. So they decided to drive.

Should they call you every time something changes with the repair?

You may prefer if they did, but honestly? I don’t think they should. All that does is waste time and make repairs take even longer.

What if you are at work, or out of town, don’t get the voicemail for 2 days? Don’t check your voicemail at all?

Are you going to expect them to have your car sit for 3 extra days because they are “waiting on permission to drive it?”

Now multiply that issue times hundreds of cars they work on every week.

It’s UNREASONABLE to expect them to call the owners to constantly get permission to drive the cars during a repair.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I hope ford reads this forum.

My car expernced the HVBJB failure on last Saturday the 24th. I did 3 things that day first drove to the local ford dealership IN Red Wing,MN their service department was closed. From the dealership I called ford and they say they started a case but didn't. I then drove to the dealer where I bought the car Apple Valley ford their service department had closed and one guy was there but no techs and he had no loaners and was nice but no help. On Monday the 26th I dropped off the car at Inver Grave Ford and explained what happened they accepted the car without an appointment. I then called ford customer relations and got a case number. Also I posted the info to the members tracking the next day Tuesday the 27th I got a forum message explaining that the dealership has run a diagnostic and determined the issue was the HVBJB. I also got a call from my ford CR case manager and she offered the rental reimbursement. Today Thursday the 29th I called Inver Grove Ford they said oh yeah I had been meaning to call and confirmed the failure and that they had received a call from Ford customer relations. They said no ETA on parts.

Thats where we are at, I do think Ford can do better. I have been the one to take ownership of this repair. Everything is my problem, I can tell you other manufacturers wouldn't do it like this.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/ford/

Scroll halfway down that list and send an email to the Customer Experience Director. This and a myriad of other screwups are why dealers need to go imo.

OP
OP
RosarioM

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
I hope ford reads this forum.

My car expernced the HVBJB failure on last Saturday the 24th. I did 3 things that day first drove to the local ford dealership IN Red Wing,MN their service department was closed. From the dealership I called ford and they say they started a case but didn't. I then drove to the dealer where I bought the car Apple Valley ford their service department had closed and one guy was there but no techs and he had no loaners and was nice but no help. On Monday the 26th I dropped off the car at Inver Grave Ford and explained what happened they accepted the car without an appointment. I then called ford customer relations and got a case number. Also I posted the info to the members tracking the next day Tuesday the 27th I got a forum message explaining that the dealership has run a diagnostic and determined the issue was the HVBJB. I also got a call from my ford CR case manager and she offered the rental reimbursement. Today Thursday the 29th I called Inver Grove Ford they said oh yeah I had been meaning to call and confirmed the failure and that they had received a call from Ford customer relations. They said no ETA on parts.

Thats where we are at, I do think Ford can do better. I have been the one to take ownership of this repair. Everything is my problem, I can tell you other manufacturers wouldn't do it like this.
I’m on week 4 of this. Every day my car gets physically further away from me. It’s now at a dealership two hours from my house. And apparently the only way to transport a vehicle with a safety recall is by driving it.

thats also how they plan on returning the car to me. By driving my car back 2 hours.

Bongjovi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E X AWD
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
your car is never getting fixed.

my recommendation is to begin the lemon law process which is outlined in your owners manual.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I'm now at $2,000 out of pocket for a rental. I THINK I will get that money back from Ford Care, but it's not great that I have to dish that out first.
if the part was ordered thru COPIS, I believe it automatically entitles you to rental
Sponsored