Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 4X, Victory Cross Country
Occupation
IT System Engineer
Country flag
Stopped by an EV station today to experience DCFC and Plug And Charge for the first time in my MME. Pulled in all all stations were available. Get out, plug up, works like a charm...no issues at all.

About 10 minutes in pulls up an Ioniq5, first I'd seen on the road. He links up the we start to chat and check out each other's cars. Ioniq5 is very impressive in the flesh. Says he got stuck for a $6k ADM on his purchase but just had to have it. Only on day 5 of ownership.

15 minutes go by then comes an ID4. Got to check it out as well but the driver had small kids in the car so didn't get too deep with poking around. Nice as well but looking side by side at the Ioniq5 I can see they share similar profile lines.

Great listening and learning from the others who report small issues experienced with 1st rollouts of EV's.
The growing pain struggles are real. Today was a good day ;)

Ford Mustang Mach-E So 3 EV's roll into a bar... IMG_5486
Sponsored

Last edited:

aamyotte

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
That's the first time I see an Ioniq 5 that is not matte Grey. All photos and videos have the matte Grey, I was starting to think that it was like the model T. You can have any colour as long as it's matte Grey.?

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
Cool opportunity to see the three side by side. It's funny to me that the current EV crop of "crossovers", really wagons/hatchbacks but we can't call them that ;), are all the same size. MME, MY, ID4 are within fractions of an inch in height, width, & length. Ioniq5/EV6 are also within an inch of the others l & w but slightly shorter in height. It's like the designers were all given the same box to fit.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
On my Road trip last summer I stopped 5 times for fast charging at various EA’s in Florida and not once did I see anyone else charging! Since then I have seen a couple ID’4s and one Mach-E charging on holidays when the charging was free!

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Seeing them side by side, I just don't get how people are placing the Kia and the Hyundai in the same league as the Mach-e.

One is sexy AF. Two are not.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Seeing them side by side, I just don't get how people are placing the Kia and the Hyundai in the same league as the Mach-e.

One is sexy AF. Two are not.
For some, it's just a tool.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I hate to say it, but the other two really got hit by the ugly stick when they fell out of the tree. It’s as if the stylists were directed “design the blandest, most boring, forgettable car possible. We want something people won’t be able to describe 5 minutes after seeing it. If you can make it less attractive than a Tesla, there’s an extra bonus for you.” I don’t think any of them got the extra bonus - but they really tried for it!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Stopped by an EV station today to experience DCFC and Plug And Charge for the first time in my MME. Pulled in all all stations were available. Get out, plug up, works like a charm...no issues at all.

About 10 minutes in pulls up an Ioniq5, first I'd seen on the road. He links up the we start to chat and check out each other's cars. Ioniq5 is very impressive in the flesh. Says he got stuck for a $6k ADM on his purchase but just had to have it. Only on day 5 of ownership.

15 minutes go by then comes an ID4. Got to check it out as well but the driver had small kids in the car so didn't get too deep with poking around. Nice as well but looking side by side at the Ioniq5 I can see they share similar profile lines.

Great listening and learning from the others who report small issues experienced with 1st rollouts of EV's.
The growing pain struggles are real. Today was a good day ;)

Ford Mustang Mach-E So 3 EV's roll into a bar... IMG_5486
Isn’t it nice to not have to back into a parking spot to charge?

Sam James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 ID.4, 11 Escape, 22 Lightning (?), 22 MME (?)
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
I hate to say it, but the other two really got hit by the ugly stick when they fell out of the tree. It’s as if the stylists were directed “design the blandest, most boring, forgettable car possible. We want something people won’t be able to describe 5 minutes after seeing it. If you can make it less attractive than a Tesla, there’s an extra bonus for you.” I don’t think any of them got the extra bonus - but they really tried for it!
I don't know, see them in person and you might feel differently. The ID.4 was the EV we wanted the least, but when our VW dealer called to let us know they were getting one I headed straight over. Wife and I love that car. Sure, the MME looks better, but its a fantastic family car and waaay better than the ICE competitors as far as I'm concerned.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
Or they were all given the same efficiency targets.
I think it's the curse of the CUV. If they all had the same efficiency targets they took the hard way to get there, and of course some did worse than others.

Thunderbuck

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
IT Tech
Country flag
I find myself bristling a bit to hear the Mach-E called an "SUV". It's a crossover, for sure (hard to shake THAT label), but compared to the Ioniq5 and the ID.4 the MME is more of a big hatchback sedan.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Isn’t it nice to not have to back into a parking spot to charge?
I wonder though about the parking assist, since the charge port is on the front, why does park assist only work for backing into the parking space?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I wonder though about the parking assist, since the charge port is on the front, why does park assist only work for backing into the parking space?
Because most of the time you park, you aren’t charging?